General Made to order costume credibillity?

Redfox18

New Hunter
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I absolutely love Boba Fett, so would love to cosplay him, I've just been scrolling through etsy and seen this, is there any issues with the costume or look of it?

il_570xN.908966129_3v6h.jpg

Gotcha. Looks like a waste of money to me. Everything is very flat. I've checked his reviews on previous sales for the Revan masks and it all looks like cheap tat in my opinion.

Plus it is EVA foam. I guess it all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to use it for. For a bit more you could have regular ABS armor from some vendors. The foam can look good from a distance ( like many Iron Man suits) but as you get closer it becomes obvious it is foam. Not a bad thing if you are on a budget but just something to keep in mind so you aren't disappointed.

The price is just for the armor plates and in my opinion you can do it a thousand times better with hardfoam or sintra, less money and some patience. ;) I don´t think it´s the seller´s Boba Fett work, surely the custom mando armor, but even this isn´t well made in my opinion. If you don´t want to do it yourself, take a search on this site and you´ll find a lot of talented people who can help you and deliver really perfect products. :)

Personally I wouldn't try to save money on low quality items as you'll only end up wanting to replace them with quality items later, its just false economy.. but I guess it all depends on how authentic you want your outfit or if you're doing it on a shoestring.

Their Predator ad is the best. Using stock photos and not actually having one made already. I can only imagine what that will turn out like.

Yeah, I'd happily pay more if it means I get the best looking costume, I'm willing to spend time on crafting it, couldn't tell though if this was too good to be true. Who are the best people on this site to go to for a ROTJ style Boba Fett costume?

If a 501st approved suit at that level is your goal , the first step ( in my opinion) is to sign up with your local 501st detachment. Mine has a cadet/advisor program but I'm not sure if they all do. There you can get direct advice on what will be expected of your build.

Most people here build their suits from a variety of different vendors - each one offering a piece they specialize in. There are vendors that offer complete suits ( BobaMaker being one, I think RS props does as well) but they will take a long time to commission due to the amount of work Involved. Check out the various build threads here for ROTJ and you should be able to find some great information.

I'm looking at making this to Level Two 501st Legion specifications if this helps

Yea, id avoid that for sure. When Fett stuff pops up inexpensive like that, it usually IS too good to be true. If your going for 501st clearance, be sure to sign up on thebhg,net, the 501st's official detachment for the SW bounty hunters. There we are more specified to help you with 501st clearance, at any level you desire. That said there is plenty of info, and Legion members here as well. I recommend bouncing between the 2 :)

Thanks Darth Vorhees!!!! Although I'm not a 501st member I really want it as accurate as possible, am I right in thinking Bobamaker makes the best complete Boba Fett costumes?

Another option is to pay attention to the cargo hold- often members have to sell their complete suits and you could get a quality one in a relatively quick time.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back