Looking to buy/make my first helmet!

Akahige

New Hunter
I’m trying to start a mando helmet collection! I considered getting a black series helmet but then I heard about these higher quality replicas and I’m super excited! I’m looking for a ESB, ROTJ, or Mando S2 repainted Boba Fett and a Din Jarin helmet. And possibly Jango and a couple others in the future. I’m considering an eFX or Anovos for the Mando helmet. I was also looking into RS Prop Masters but they are backed up and I’m not sure if they’ll be taking Boba orders anytime soon. Again I’m completely new to this so any advice or tips etc. would be greatly appreciated! I would love to learn as I can. I don’t know if I could do any of the work on the helmets myself, definitely not the detailed painting lol! But if there are easy things I could do myself to save money I’m definitely open if someone could enlighten me please lol

-Thank You

I’m trying to start a mando helmet collection! I considered getting a black series helmet but then I heard about these higher quality replicas and I’m super excited! I’m looking for a ESB, ROTJ, or Mando S2 repainted Boba Fett and a Din Jarin helmet. And possibly Jango and a couple others in the future. I’m considering an eFX or Anovos for the Mando helmet. I was also looking into RS Prop Masters but they are backed up and I’m not sure if they’ll be taking Boba orders anytime soon. Again I’m completely new to this so any advice or tips etc. would be greatly appreciated! I would love to learn as I can. I don’t know if I could do any of the work on the helmets myself, definitely not the detailed painting lol! But if there are easy things I could do myself to save money I’m definitely open if someone could enlighten me please lol

-Thank You
Have you considered getting on Bobamaker's longgggg waiting list?

Just depends on how much you want to spend. There are tons of painters here that can easily paint a resin or fiberglass helmet kit for you that surpasses anything you would get from anovos, efx, or any other mass produced( I use that term loosely) helmet. But that will run u the cost of the kit ( anywere from around 150 to 400 bucks) and another $1000 to $1500 in build and paint fees. There are guys and girls that will do it for less but don't underestimate how long and how much work goes into each build and paint.
If your not afraid of doing it yourself then you can easily get a resin kit from any number of sellers here or on etsy, and buy some Tamiya spray paints and some Vallejo acrylics and brushes and humbrol maskol and give it a go. There are tons of paint and buimd threads that will give you step by step instructions on this forum. You don't have to have an airbrush and you really don't have to have any crazy skills to start. Ita all a matter of taking your time and layering the paint and liquid mask. Rafalfett has beautiful helmet stencils for every Boba yo help you map and mask accurate damage patterns for whatever your favorite helmet is!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back