Leaving the community most of you guys are awesome but...

cyberpyrot

Active Hunter
I have Lost a lot of money sending free armor to people in exchange for work and never receiving it.

Jonben.
Oh thank god you sent my helmet back. I thought I was surely going to be burned for $800 instead of $600. I just wish I knew what I know now about you 3 months ago When you promised to paint my armor and buy and paint a helmet for me in exchange for me building you a set of armor. I was a bit worried when you realized the armor was too big for you when I repeatedly told you the size you chose was way to big and you kinda held on to two pieces of my armor in exchange for me to make you a new set. I was able to paint my own armor at the time and it did come out well. So after talking to you a bit and me buying my own blank helm I decided to make the second set of armor in exchange for you to paint my helm so after a few weeks and you painting Stryykers metal armor he managed to get out of me for free (that's a whole other burn story) and you offering to sell me your old helmet I decided to call it a loss and ask you for my helmet back witch you sent me (Thanks for that.)

jonben.PNG

Please feel free to lose all my contact info as I have already blocked you on Facebook as well as the forum. Have a great life i'm sure Karma will show you the kindness you have bestowed on me. By the looks of you liquidating all of your Boba Fett gear and possibly mine Karma must have came early and i'm sorry for that.

PS. You and Styyker feel free to spin the story any way you wish it does not matter every one know my heart and my moral compass points straight. I have sent replacement parts to others when I knew something was not right as well creating a full set of armor to be auctioned off to charity with the 501'st. In the end Both Stryyker and Jonben received a set of armor from me and I have received nothing in return i'm not angry I take it with a grain of salt and learn not to trust. I did also learn how to paint my own stuff from all this I just wish I would have went that route in the beginning.

I have decided to go into Astromech building and joined the forum. I did walk away from this forum with something very valuable I have learned not to trust anyone and hopefully I will not get burned when building my R2D2. on a happy note here is what I have so far all aluminum build.

IMG_0059.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0064.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience mate , we are not all like that I can assure you. If you need anything and I could help I would gladly offer my services to help restore your faith in the fett community. I think we have spoken on Facebook about your armour build and said then how impressed I was with it. Chin up and don't let the bad guys drag you do n. Elliott

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience mate , we are not all like that I can assure you. If you need anything and I could help I would gladly offer my services to help restore your faith in the fett community. I think we have spoken on Facebook about your armour build and said then how impressed I was with it. Chin up and don't let the bad guys drag you do n. Elliott

I know there are a lot of good out there I have learned so much from you guys i'm almost done with my build I just need to paint my helm i'm just taking time off to build a droid as you can see i'm learning how to airbrush really well.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to read the story on this issue. I was hoping it would be resolved well enough that you wouldn't have to post it. It's saddening to hear about stuff like this happening, especially when it happens to someone who is just trying to help the community by bringing skills to the table and documenting how to use them for future builders. As Funkyred said if there's anything that I can do to help just let me know. One of the positive things that can come from this is that you've shown other people to be more cautious about who they trust on the forum and who not to send work to. It just sucks that in order to know what we now know about bad dealers someone is going to have to suffer because of it. On another note your R2 is looking good man. Keep up the good work and it will turn out fantastic just like your armor did.

Im with the guys...Ive done plenty of horse trading on here with no issues! I was truly wanting to own some of your armor some day....dont let a few bad apples ruin it for ( YOU ) or the rest of us !!! hang out with us and let this great community show you that its worth staying for !
I will give this piece of advise....if someone wants to trade with you and they approach you first, then they need to pony up their part of the deal first. The Sabine Wren helmet that im building is for a fella on FB and we were going to swap helmets....he has never sent me his....so there you go.

That is messed up... makes me so thankful for the folks I have dealt with here, honest, hard-working folks who say what they mean and mean what they say. cyberpyrot, you have been here such a short time and made a huge impact already, we're all the losers for the treatment you've received from those two bad apples. Good luck with your future endeavors (your R2 looks awesome so far). Trying to hook up with you on FB (look for friend request from the geeky Borg).

Wow, that really sucks. In all they years ive been here, i have only been burned once. But even still id love to think that noone would get burned here. This is such a great group of people here and i hope in the future you will continue to offer your stuff here. Trades always worry me..cuz you never know. I agree with tommyboy..if they approach you with a trade offer, they should be ponying up first. Glad you'll still hang around though...dont let a couple of bad apples ruin the whole basket for ya :)

I'm so sorry to hear of your bad experience. This forum needs people and craftsman such as yourself. I was one of the few who was able to purchase a set of your aluminum armor and it truly looks AMAZING! My set of aluminum armor is sitting in my front room for all to see. I don't know whether to paint it or leave it as it is because it looks so COOL!

As one of your customers I was well taken care of and you made sure that my armor was accurate and fit me perfectly and for this I want to tell you THANK YOU. Hopefully things could still get resolved somehow. You are a true craftsman my friend and I wish you success with your future projects.

Sorry to hear about that, it really blows . You have some great metal skills and TDH lost a valuable resource to some. Best of luck really enjoyed pouring over your build and how to thread. Wish I had your skills!

Hey man I have been off the forum for a month, work and stuff. I hope you find a way to keep making awesome armor I loved seeing your builds. Sorry people burnt you that sucks

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Hey cyberpyrot. I (like all here) am so sorry you got burned like this. It's a sickening part of human nature that you've been shown, and from your posts to myself and others, and that 501st charity stuff... I can honestly say you deserve so much better than this ****. :cry
If it's any small consolation I have learned so much already from your posts, on how to craft aluminium armour, and I've already cut and shaped the upper front armour thanks to your kind self for the details and time you spent sharing your work and answering my noob questions.
I was truly looking forward to sharing my progress with you and the rest of this fine group and hoping you would be around to share your wisdom of all things metal crafting and to correct me where I've not done so well.
I do hope you stick around and get to share more of your fine work and character with us, but if you can't stomach the crap that has already befallen you, I can completely understand that.
I hope your work continues and that somehow your bad experience doesn't stop you from your fine work.
Best of luck in whatever direction you travel man. I'll be watching your R2 build too at some point too, as it already looks most impressive (I hope you took notes on your build, as I'll need them) :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back