Lazerjock's ROTJ Hero Fett Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazerjock

Active Hunter
I have been gathering parts for my ROTJ Hero Fett build.

So far I finished the Jet Pack which I 3D printed. See build thread here:

I've got everything except a helmet and gauntlets.
Almost everything was bought by referencing what others had done on TDH. This is an amazing resource for all things Fett. Thank you. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to help others in the future.
I wasn't going to post pictures of used parts I bought, only things that I made or somehow modified or weathered for this build.

One of the things I did on my own was source a wireless mic & PA system. I wanted one that allowed the aux input to play at the same time the mic was being used. The unit is called Hisonic and is available on eBay for $30. Here is a link to their site for the specs, but search Amazon or eBay for much better prices.

The plan is to play Fett quotes from the game Battlefront that are triggered by low profile buttons in the fingertips of the gloves through the PA system but still have the ability to talk when necessary. The playback unit is available from Adafruit and is very easy to setup and use. You will need to know how to solder though.

I added a LiPo battery and regulator/charging board to mine to make it self contained.
The finger tip switches are attached to small rounded pieces of plastic cut from an OJ bottle. They are slid inside the glove so no cutting or sewing is required on the glove itself. I am using ethernet cables to get to the playback unit which will be in my thigh pocket with the PA system. These are the cheapest smallest connectors I could come up with that had at least 6 wires. There is a female ethernet jack under the gauntlets where the gloves plug in. This way the buttons and short ethernet cable can stay in the gloves.

Pictures coming soon of the actual wiring.

20200715_110547.jpg

My doodle of the wiring.

20200715_110631.jpg

I 3D printed my shin tools from Rafalfett's files using my SLA resin printer. The paint is all rattle can with the exception of the orange & burgundy strip which was airbrushed and rust which was dry brushed.
Thanks again RafalFett!!!
This was my first time using liquid stencil. It is easy to use and remove.

20200715_105750.jpg

Comments and critique are always welcome.

Last edited:
Commenting to follow your build!
You have done an excellent job on the jetpack and I am looking forward to seeing your RotJ unfold.

It would be nice if you could show us, what parts you already got, even if you didnt make them yourself.

Commenting to follow your build!
You have done an excellent job on the jetpack and I am looking forward to seeing your RotJ unfold.

It would be nice if you could show us, what parts you already got, even if you didnt make them yourself.

Sure.
Here is my parts list and pictures of what has showed up so far.

Green - Received
Yellow - Ordered
Red - Not Ordered

Parts List.jpg

I built my own ammo belt a few weeks ago, but then saw the post from Emperor Fett wanting to sell his Delta Leather Works belt at a price too good to pass up. It's good to since the paint I used on the vinyl to weather it reacted and isn't drying. It's still tacky weeks later. That is why you see so much dust on it.

My scratch built belt.
My Belt.jpg

Delta Leather Works belt from Emperor Fett.
Delta Leather Works Belt.jpg

I also got Emperor Fett's EE-3. It needs a little bit of touch up here and there, but it looks great!
EE-3.jpg

I found a guy on Etsy that sells a programmed Atmel Chip. It is used in the Chest LED's for the 'do it your self' electronics people. He provides the electronics parts list and circuit board layout. All that is needed is to solder it all together. It took me about 1 hour.

Chest LED's.jpg

The funny thing is that I bought my Armor and Wookie Braids from a guy on TDH who bought it from Emperor Fett last month.
He never even used it.
So it seems like I'm slowing buying all of Emperor Fetts stuff. The chest armor has a Fettronics board in it, so the kit I built is extra now.

My boot spikes are scratch built. The spikes are 3D printed using my SLA resin printer and files from RafalFettt.
Just waiting on the boots from Imperial Boots to show up so I can make sure to bend in the right place.

The flat Aluminum bar was originally 3/4" wide which is too much. I ended up setting up a rig on my work bench (a sort of table saw for metal) that used several clamps and a die grinder to cut it to the correct width. It worked great other that getting so hot I almost set the bench on fire. Thought I smelled something. Lol

Boot Spikes.jpg

Work Bench Burn.jpg

WhiteShadow here on TDH makes these incredible helmet liners. When I saw it I was blown away at the quality and detail. Since I don't have a helmet yet, I took the head band out of my Black Series Fett helmet and temporarily put the top section of the helmet liner in just to see how it feels and fits.
Amazing!!!
I can't wait to get a real bucket to put the liner in.
Helmet Liner.jpg

Last edited:
Sure.
Here is my parts list and pictures of what has showed up so far.

Green - Received
Yellow - Ordered
Red - Not Ordered

View attachment 194512

I built my own ammo belt a few weeks ago, but then saw the post from Emperor Fett wanting to sell his Delta Leather Works belt at a price too good to pass up. It's good to since the paint I used on the vinyl to weather it reacted and isn't drying. It's still tacky weeks later. That is why you see so much dust on it.

My scratch built belt.
View attachment 194513

Delta Leather Works belt from Emperor Fett.
View attachment 194514

I also got Emperor Fett's EE-3. It needs a little bit of touch up here and there, but it looks great!
View attachment 194515

I found a guy on Etsy that sells a programmed Atmel Chip. It is used in the Chest LED's for the 'do it your self' electronics people. He provides the electronics parts list and circuit board layout. All that is needed is to solder it all together. It took me about 1 hour.

View attachment 194516

The funny thing is that I bought my Armor and Wookie Braids from a guy on TDH who bought it from Emperor Fett last month.
He never even used it.
So it seems like I'm slowing buying all of Emperor Fetts stuff. The chest armor has a Fettronics board in it, so the kit I built is extra now.

My boot spikes are scratch built. The spikes are 3D printed using my SLA resin printer and files from RafalFettt.
Just waiting on the boots from Imperial Boots to show up so I can make sure to bend in the right place.

The flat Aluminum bar was originally 3/4" wide which is too much. I ended up setting up a rig on my work bench (a sort of table saw for metal) that used several clamps and a die grinder to cut it to the correct width. It worked great other that getting so hot I almost set the bench on fire. Thought I smelled something. Lol

View attachment 194517

View attachment 194519
Wow!
Youre organized! Props for that!
Also thanks for the really detailed answer, more then what I was hoping for! Well... what can I say... I looking forward to seeing it all unfold!

I am also interested in seeing how well the 3D printed toe spikes are going to hold up to trooping. My understanding is that those a prone to bump against curbs. :D

Wow!
Youre organized! Props for that!
Also thanks for the really detailed answer, more then what I was hoping for! Well... what can I say... I looking forward to seeing it all unfold!

I am also interested in seeing how well the 3D printed toe spikes are going to hold up to trooping. My understanding is that those a prone to bump against curbs. :D

I've been told more than a few time that I'm very much a type A personality and I own it. Lol

I thought about the bumps they might get trooping too.
I've been playing around with a flexible resin. I may print a few to see if they can hold up. Think gummie bear consistency. I just need to find an adhesive to hold them to the aluminum bar. Maybe E6000 will work.

Here is my storage / travel case. I got it Academy Sports for $20.

20200716_090001.jpg

I cut off the molded hooks on each end since they were just in the way and added feet to allow it to stand on end and not fall over.

20200716_090026.jpg

I added a folding handle since the molded handle was too low, I would kick it with my heel when rolling. The folding handle gives just the right amount so not to kick it. I could have done better with the bends, but it works.

20200716_090046.jpg

Last edited:
Your build is awesome and those 3D printed parts look great!

As a side note, I saw that you involuntarily misspell ROTJ (Return of the Jedi) to RTOJ. I couldn't resist to not let you know. It is not a criticism, only an observation.
No I'm not offended at all. I think it's funny. I start typing and suddenly I'm dyslexic. LOL!!!

Aaaand it's fixed

I have a case of CDO.
It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be.

Last edited:
I have a question for the experienced Fetts.
I've read a lot on TDH about the suit-up process. I also watched a great time laps video of Wasted Fett suiting up.
I used his video to make a check list for my wife when she helps me get ready.
What do you think?

Boba Fett Suit-up
  • Flight Suit
  • Neck Seal
  • Boots
  • Knees
  • Jet Pack Harness
  • Cod Armor
  • Chest Armor
  • Back Armor
  • Girth Belt
  • Ammo Belt
  • Jet Pack
  • Gloves
  • Cape
  • Wookie Braids
  • Gauntlets
  • Mic
  • Helmet
Thanks

I have a question for the experienced Fetts.
I've read a lot on TDH about the suit-up process. I also watched a great time laps video of Wasted Fett suiting up.
I used his video to make a check list for my wife when she helps me get ready.
What do you think?

Boba Fett Suit-up
  • Flight Suit
  • Neck Seal
  • Boots
  • Knees
  • Jet Pack Harness
  • Cod Armor
  • Chest Armor
  • Back Armor
  • Girth Belt
  • Ammo Belt
  • Jet Pack
  • Gloves
  • Cape
  • Wookie Braids
  • Gauntlets
  • Mic
  • Helmet
Thanks
DeathProof has a video of his process that is very helpful. I’ll see if I can find it.

Page 15, post 288

I forgot to mention that the boots came with a free gift.....Toe Spikes!
I won't be needing to 3D print them now (even though I already did). Face palm.

The spikes that came with the boots are stainless steel which is good, but they are glued to the plate. It looks like JB weld to me. No other hardware holding them.
While adding a slight bend to the plate to make them fit the boots better 3 of the 4 spikes popped off. I have JB weld, but foresee them falling off during a troop and being lost. I decided to drill a hole in the plate and tap the spikes so I can bolt them on.

During the modification I slipped with a the Phillips screw driver and stabbed myself leaving a perfect + in my hand. A few cuss works later and some liquid bandage and I'm back to it.

20200718_071301[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back