krewkid82's ESB W.I.P./501st shenanigans(BH-42090)

Yeah he definitely is! The shoe polish technique is for sure worth trying, and the great thing is it's not permanent so if you decide you don't like the way it looks you can easily get it off as long as it hasn't been clear coated.

CosPlay Chris even uses dirt from his driveway on some of his display pieces. His techniques are absolutely legit! (y) ...and the guy doesn't even use an airbrush - or at least in the dozen or so videos I've seen him do, he hasn't used an airbrush.

BIG UPDATE!! I finally got every single piece for my E.S.B. suit!! These photos are for the members and upcoming Fetts of the dented helmet to judge me with constructive criticism as I will soon be applying to the ranks of the 501st and I really wanted some feedback before I do. Please let me know what I need to fix, what changes I should make, or if I have done a decent job. I want to thank everyone who has helped me these past 7 months. The journey to becoming a Fett is not a race!! Everyone listed in my W.I.P. is amazing and I couldnt have done it without you! Everyone who stopped by or gave this thread a follow keep pushing on as the research and knowledge from others on the forum are priceless. For everyone who PMed me about questions or anything you wanted to talk about thanks for your kind words. 75% of the suit was forum built I just want to let everyone know that I am no hero and Im no artist when it comes to this suit. Most of the work that was done was done by some of the talented group of individuals here on the forums and they deserve all the recognition!

Without further ado.......
20200812_191726.jpg
20200812_191852.jpg
20200812_191931.jpg
20200812_192109.jpg
20200812_192035.jpg
20200812_191942.jpg
20200812_192138.jpg
20200812_192144.jpg
20200812_192305.jpg
20200812_192250.jpg

Nicely done Krewkid82 ! I, myself am going for a ROTJ Hero Variant, so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help as most of my research went into ROTJ. But it does look pretty cool. One comment though on your second photo of you holding your EE-3. I noticed your Right Gauntlet (The one with the 4 darts on it) didn't seem to line up correctly with the way you had your wrist. Meaning the darts seemed off to the side. In the other pics it looks correct. So that makes me wonder if you secured your Gauntlet to your sleeve? I plan us using Velcro to accomplish this.

Again, I'm not too much help when it comes to an ESB Boba, but other than that....damn fine work sir! Hats off to ya! And good luck on getting the acceptance into the 501st! (y)

Thanks,
-Iron

Nicely done Krewkid82 ! I, myself am going for a ROTJ Hero Variant, so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help as most of my research went into ROTJ. But it does look pretty cool. One comment though on your second photo of you holding your EE-3. I noticed your Right Gauntlet (The one with the 4 darts on it) didn't seem to line up correctly with the way you had your wrist. Meaning the darts seemed off to the side. In the other pics it looks correct. So that makes me wonder if you secured your Gauntlet to your sleeve? I plan us using Velcro to accomplish this.

Again, I'm not too much help when it comes to an ESB Boba, but other than that....damn fine work sir! Hats off to ya! And good luck on getting the acceptance into the 501st! (y)

Thanks,
-Iron

Thats what im talking about Iron!! Thanks for pointing that out lol...actually my gauntlets has the velcro closing them shut but no internal padding like foam or anything on the inside to hold them in place so they freely rotate. I will buy some foam and take care of that problem right away. This is the comments I need to improve my suit...keep them coming please!!

Krewkid82 - Not a problem, we're all here to encourage and help. If I had to nitpick one other thing. Maybe the "Anti-Security Blade" sits a bit too low in the Shin Pocket? Though I'm not too familiar with how nitpicky the 501st is when it comes to the costumes. Did you build your Shin Tools with the Patterson Squeege, or get them resin casted? Also, I had no idea that the Hip Pouches get velcro'd to the Ammo Belt like that (where they rest right under the Ammo Pouches & right above the Thigh Pouches), but that looks correct! (y)

-Iron

lol my wife mentioned that to me before we took the photos about the shin tools and I said "ah itll be fine, maybe they wont notice." hahah good eye! Ya I need to put something in my pocket to increase the height of the tool just a bit. I want to think that depending on the garrison is how picky they are but hell what do I know Im just now getting started. The tools are made from the real patterson tools no resin cast. The ammo pouches are velcroed on the back side of the belt and on the 501st print out i think its 4 on the left, 3 on the right. ROTJ is all the way across the front with no gaps I believe.

I’d have to look at my pouches again but I do believe Arkady doesn’t have them velcro’d at all. You slip the pouch’s loop right over the ammo belt and just make sure they are on the hips.(y)

I was gonna say if they are Patterson Squeege made. How do you make the black square piece, I had though maybe formed out of plexiglass then attached. If that’s the case, maybe make a new one and reattach it?

-Iron

The
I’d have to look at my pouches again but I do believe Arkady doesn’t have them velcro’d at all. You slip the pouch’s loop right over the ammo belt and just make sure they are on the hips.(y)

I was gonna day if they are Patterson Squeege made. How do you make the black square piece, I had though maybe formed out of plexiglass then attached. If that’s the case, maybe make a new one and reattach it?

-Iron
The black piece all I use was some left over white ABS plastic I had lying around that I spray painted.

BIG UPDATE!! I finally got every single piece for my E.S.B. suit!! These photos are for the members and upcoming Fetts of the dented helmet to judge me with constructive criticism as I will soon be applying to the ranks of the 501st and I really wanted some feedback before I do. Please let me know what I need to fix, what changes I should make, or if I have done a decent job. I want to thank everyone who has helped me these past 7 months. The journey to becoming a Fett is not a race!! Everyone listed in my W.I.P. is amazing and I couldnt have done it without you! Everyone who stopped by or gave this thread a follow keep pushing on as the research and knowledge from others on the forum are priceless. For everyone who PMed me about questions or anything you wanted to talk about thanks for your kind words. 75% of the suit was forum built I just want to let everyone know that I am no hero and Im no artist when it comes to this suit. Most of the work that was done was done by some of the talented group of individuals here on the forums and they deserve all the recognition!

Without further ado.......
View attachment 196352View attachment 196353View attachment 196354View attachment 196355View attachment 196356View attachment 196357View attachment 196358View attachment 196359View attachment 196362View attachment 196360
Wow.... Thats a lot of parts assembled and an awesome effort that you are near the end of completing. Congrats man!

The gautlet, I noticed, too, but the shin tool.... I'da never seen, lol. Good catch, Irongladiator !

Ok. now regarding what I spotted... (Keep in mind, I have never done a Fett myself... Its a little cheap to give such feedback when I myself have not accomplished anything myself in the Boba direction. Since you asked, I feel a little better in chiming in.)

The vest could use some weathering in my opinion.
And the chest plate spacing seems a little wide.
Reference:
1597323771620.png

1597323791040.png

1597323827908.png

1597323870765.png

1597323889620.png

Thanks ram for the suggestions! Ya originally I wanted the armor closer together when my wife helped me place them but I think the reason I didn't was because I would've had to hem my vest shorter to move the armor closer together. If I get approved without changing that I'll leave it alone but if not I will definitely hem the vest and change the spacing;)

Awesome work man, certainly been following your thread for my ESB inspired build. Looks fantastic! You must be so happy!
My only observation (personal preference mostly) is the weathering doesn’t appear to come over much on the photos. Maybe it is in person? I do prefer him looking more filthy

On the darts... are they supposed to be parallel with the gauntlet base or angled up. I’ve noticed both on builds. Just wondering the official before I hack into mine.

Congrats man! That's a huge accomplishment! Looks great to me but like others have stated I'm no pro with ESB Fett! I'd definitely say apply and see what they come back with!

Awesome work man, certainly been following your thread for my ESB inspired build. Looks fantastic! You must be so happy!
My only observation (personal preference mostly) is the weathering doesn’t appear to come over much on the photos. Maybe it is in person? I do prefer him looking more filthy

On the darts... are they supposed to be parallel with the gauntlet base or angled up. I’ve noticed both on builds. Just wondering the official before I hack into mine.
Thanks for your comments! For the darts I've seen both and I just left it up to AFFO$ as he was the one who assembled and paintEd my gauntlets. There is a first pass of weathering is on the suit. It's hard to tell in that light but in person you can see a difference. I made a few post on the 501st reddit page and that's typically the response I've been getting from others is that it needs a little more weathering. ;)

This thread is more than 49 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back