krewkid82's ESB W.I.P./501st shenanigans(BH-42090)

When to go to weather your soft parts with the acrylic paint in the spray bottle, you will get better results if the fabric is damp. It will make the paint bleed into the fabric and not look too spotty. Go lightly and slowly build up until you get the results you are happy with. If you mess up you can spray it off with a water hose while it’s still wet and try again.

Dude short fuse thank you so much for that info as I was terrified of messing up my flight suit:) True life saver man. Cheers!

After I re-read my previous post, perhaps I shouldn’t have said “mess up”. What I should have said is, “if you are not happy with the results “. I know it seems like your going to ruin your flightsuit, but go a little at a time until you get the hang of it and then you can add more until it looks good to you. Also, the idea it to use only just a little paint mixed with mostly water in the spray bottle.

Thank you so much for the information shortfuse!! Here in the next few days I'm going to order the paints. I want to try and get it weathered before AFFO$ gets done with my armor commission so when everything arrives I can take some awesome photos!! Maybe even take photos for 501st approval!:)

Gotta small update from AFFO$: He has the "Jaster" symbol painted, the knee darts painted, and the shoulder studs painted. Hopefully he should send me a more drastic update tonight when he gets off work. May the 4th be with yall!!
ECACD7B4-E0AA-4628-BE49-2315FAC0D762.jpeg
7928305B-0EC0-4F22-9732-DB92EC0CFC2B.jpeg
115ADA97-B0EA-4D2D-AC5E-62D06231DD1D.jpeg

Last edited:
I know right!!!..he is gonna do my gauntlets next! I also asked him if he would do one more commission for me;) After I receive my ee3, I was going to get him to paint both of my blasters and the missing cod/kidney studs that I ordered!! Can't wait!!!

I have an update for yall: I ordered my EE3 from 3ddelight on etsy and it shipped today! I also ordered my helmet fans, tacks and clamp backs for my armor, and ee3 strap mounts. AFFO$ also has sent my armor in the mail today(minus my gauntlets). Super stoked to receive that!! I still need to order some JB Weld, plastic hose and apple barrel black acrylic paint for the weathering my flight suit. In some other news: I also asked AFFO$ if he wouldn't mind doing just one more commission. My blasters! He said he would no problem. I don't know how to thank this community for having so much love and passion for this character but it really makes my inner nerd happy! Thank you to all TDH Members for everything!!!

I have an update for yall: I ordered my EE3 from 3ddelight on etsy and it shipped today! I also ordered my helmet fans, tacks and clamp backs for my armor, and ee3 strap mounts. AFFO$ also has sent my armor in the mail today(minus my gauntlets). Super stoked to receive that!! I still need to order some JB Weld, plastic hose and apple barrel black acrylic paint for the weathering my flight suit. In some other news: I also asked AFFO$ if he wouldn't mind doing just one more commission. My blasters! He said he would no problem. I don't know how to thank this community for having so much love and passion for this character but it really makes my inner nerd happy! Thank you to all TDH Members for everything!!!
So close yet so far away. Cant wait to see it all on.

Gonna be great! AFettFullofDollars does fantastic work - seeing and holding it in person is like artwork, truly amazing stuff (you'll see). What kind of helmet fans did you get!?! I had a conversation with some members of my local garrison regarding fans, and how I'd like to wire them to the same battery as my RF lights & Servo is possible. Cut down on battery space...

I have a big noggin, so I need all the real estate I can get in there, ya know!?!

Heres a little update: I cut the shin tools down to size. All I need to do to them now is paint and weather them. Thanks for the O.G. tool set MMcFett and thank you machine craft replicas for suppling the rods! Just curious, does ESB Boba need the 4th shin tool for 501st approval?
20200507_190638.jpg

Last edited:
We got a update!: AFFO$ has sent my armor and its beautiful!!
20200511_143204.jpg

I attached the tacks with J B weld. This is the method I wanted to try. I might try the other method later on down the road if this method doesn't workout.
20200511_154142.jpg

I want to thank MMcFett for selling me this awesome set of RKD armor (I love me some autographs)and another thank you to AFFO$ for the paint job!!
20200511_143145.jpg

Here's a quick try on with the help of my wife of course. I still need to weather the suit. I ordered finished boots. They'll be here in a few days. I'm still waiting for my gauntlets to be finished by AFFO$. My ee3 is ordered. Waiting for delivery along with the two more collar studs. Then the collar studs, ee3, and pulse 40 will be off for paint to AFFO$. Here's what I have so far. Enjoy!
20200511_211826.jpg
20200511_211812.jpg
20200511_211803.jpg
20200511_211425.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 58 days old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back