July 9th, 2013: My 10 year TDH anniversary!

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi all you intrepid TDHers,
Today marks a decade that I've been a member of this community.
I can't believe I've been lurking around here for 1/10th of a century. :lol:

I really enjoy the forum, and interacting with all the amazing members here.
I've gotten to meet several of you, and hope to meet many more at some point.
From Phoenix Comic Con, to the JB Project in Dallas, to Celebration VI last summer,
and even meeting a couple of members locally, every person I've met has been terrific!

The knowledge that I've gained during my time here has been instrumental in
getting me started on my Boba Fett costume, which after all this time, is still
not complete!!! :facepalm But I could never have gotten as far as I have without the
community's help, and willingness to share their experience, knowledge and techniques.
I hope that in some small way I can continue to pay TDH back by sharing my
own techniques and experience.

So thanks to the admins and to "The Dent" himself for making TDH the site that
it is today! (y)

Fett on, everyone.
Eric

Congrats, Eric! When I started on the site I looked through a ton of your commissions and have always loved your work!

10 years is a long time but I'm glad you're still in the hobby and bringing new work to life!

Awesome man! I once came across this site about ten years ago. I was a fresh recruit in a Navy barracks. I had no money, no time, and so I just passed on by.... Ten years later, I finally have a little money (I can eat top ramen for the next few months :) ), a little time, and the same love for ol' Boba. Thanks for your time in here, and support to those of us who are lost 90% of the time!

Happy Birthday Eric!!
well done, those 10 years of study should earn you an honary PHD from the Lucasfilm University.
your efforts are our reward! keep up the great work ;)

Congrats SuperJedi! Got a question for ya. Where you at Virginia Beach 6/22/13? I was on vaca an I saw some 501st members ( maybe) . I was unable to talk to them ( in a car) but just curious?

Hi G2B, nope, wouldn't have been me. Makes me wonder what event they were attending.
Seems that sci-fi related stuff is pretty rare in Virginia.

I kind of got the feeling they may have just met up on a Saturday night for fun or maybe a trial troop? There looked to be about 5 or so just kinda walking down the main drag. But oh well just thought it may have been you , thanks.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back