JSmails BOBF Boba WIP

JSmails

Hunter
So I found someone on Etsy for the soft parts and the soft parts are in.

www.etsy.com/listing/1176444952

The picture shows they used white thread for the lines, but I requested black poly thread, so that it shines with light on it. I just don’t think white thread is correct.

Anyway, here is my daughter wearing it.

The only thing that is a little “off” is the shoulder flaps could use some quilting and there shouldn’t be sewn lines on the forearms. Everything else looks great and she loves it.

Does anyone have a BOBF gun belt template? I’d really rather not mock up everything if someone already has a pattern.

Thanks.

JSmails

Hunter
The hardest part of this build is that they changed everything, not only from M2, but from the OG. Literally everything. So everything had to be done custom. It’s hard.

Anyway, here is her armor after the final coat. I just have to wait for it to dry, then pull off the toothpaste, then weather it. She’ll then have all the armor except the backplate.

Which is also custom. Ugh.

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
JSmails
The things we do for our kids, eh?
1662739119417.png

So, me and the family we're watching ROTJ last year, a few days before Halloween. At this point I had my ROTJ Fett costume pretty dialed in (I still find myself doing upgrades to it though) and at the end of the movie my daughter asked me if she could join me in costume at next years Community Halloween Star Wars display. I said "Sure which costume did you want to me to build?". She said "That disguise that Princess Leia wears when she goes to Jabba's Castle". She then took out her iPad and googled this image and said "This one!"...
1662740474156.png

...and thus began my long research, painting and assembly on the Boushh costume. And 10 months later, here was that result!
Boba and Boushh.jpg

(That's me with my daughter)

So I get it.....as a father, building something like this for a daughter (or Son) instills you with a sense of pride!
1662740766927.png

Getting closer with the belt. This really is taking forever.
What can I say? Welcome to the joys of Cosplay Construction!
For a budget BOBF, I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up, you daughter looks like she definitely approves.
1662741055317.png

Best,
-Iron

JSmails

Hunter
JSmails
The things we do for our kids, eh?
View attachment 228518

So, me and the family we're watching ROTJ last year, a few days before Halloween. At this point I had my ROTJ Fett costume pretty dialed in (I still find myself doing upgrades to it though) and at the end of the movie my daughter asked me if she could join me in costume at next years Community Halloween Star Wars display. I said "Sure which costume did you want to me to build?". She said "That disguise that Princess Leia wears when she goes to Jabba's Castle". She then took out her iPad and googled this image and said "This one!"...
View attachment 228519

...and thus began my long research, painting and assembly on the Boushh costume. And 10 months later, here was that result!
View attachment 228520
(That's me with my daughter)

So I get it.....as a father, building something like this for a daughter (or Son) instills you with a sense of pride!
View attachment 228521

What can I say? Welcome to the joys of Cosplay Construction!
For a budget BOBF, I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up, you daughter looks like she definitely approves.
View attachment 228522

Best,
-Iron
Thanks for stopping in! Great Boushh and Fett. :)

JSmails

Hunter
Today I had the fun job of doubling all armor. Unlike all other Fett armor, BOBF armor is TWO layers.

Instead of just going around the edges with another layer, I decided to glue an entire piece on the armor. Don’t do it.

Anyway, now I have to paint the edges and dull coat that, WITHOUT messing up the top paint job.

Now that this is done, I’m hoping to get the completed pieces on her vest soon. Soon she’ll really start looking like Boba.

And here are a couple references showing that every chest piece is double-layered.