Introduction Thread....

SmilesLikeJoker

New Hunter
Hey everyone!

I thought I would do one of these threads as I'll be donning the Fett soon. :)

Pretty simple background. I've been in the Air Force for 12 years. After a couple of years as a handler, I finally earned my TK in the 501st last year. It's been nothing but a fun ride since then :) I've managed to add the HWT variant to my profile for something a little different for when I head to my new Garrison/Outpost.

Well.... A little deployment downrange gave me a decent amount of funds to expand the ole costume library. I've got a Tusken Raider in the works, Iron Man MK III foam with a matching Lego to go with it, and most importantly....a full commission from RS Props for a ROTJ Boba Fett. With the Boba, I know it's best to come here and learn more about the costume I'm going to don. I also know that with any commission, tweaks and such will always be needed. I hope there are not many though. My skills are....well non-existent lol. I'm good for simple repairs, but not much more than that. I have been trying to help another 501st prospect with his armor using my current armor as our guide (another RS commission). It's been like the blind leading the blind lolol. It's actually gone pretty good thus far. There aren't many of us up here in Anchorage...

I really don't have any questions at the moment. I'll just reading threads and trying not to drool at some of the awesome builds that members here have done. If you have any tips on wearing the Fett, feel free to pass them along.

People love pictures. Here's something that RS has been experimenting with. Enjoy :)
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A1532ODWyYgm8

SIDENOTE:
I want to thank the civilian Fett at Offutt AFB for that final "I have to get a Fett costume" push. I don't have his name on me (in work email), but his nice email about a story that JBER did on me last year was much appreciated. It helped reenforced the fact that regardless of what Star Wars costume we wear, we're all one big family trying to do something good.

EDIT:
I just realized that there is an introductory section. Could a Mod move it over? Sorry about that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all the tweaks needed for a good fit and basic 501st approval are complete minus a little weathering on an alteration to the flight suit and the spats. RS initially misplaced the spats so I procured some locally, the belt needed grommets, and the flight suit needed a small adjustment.

This was just a quick photo of me trying to figure out how to wear it all. It's not where I'm at atm.
photo 5.JPG

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back