For Sale Interest Thread: Stainless Steel Helmet Stands

Lucksy31 - ESB Helmet Decals

David Neth

Hunter
Hello there!

I'm proud to present the prototypes for my initial run of stainless steel helmet stands for Boba Fett and Mandalorian helmets! The emblems, bases, and top caps are all water jet cut and the final product is tig welded together. The tube running up to the top cap has a slight bend to keep the helmet centered and stable, as well as for aesthetics. For the Boba helmets, I will be doing versions specific to ESB, ROTJ, and PrePro. The main difference from these prototypes to the production versions will be that the emblem and top caps will be made from thicker material (they distorted more than I had hoped when I welded them). The overall height will be about an inch shorter to account for completed helmets having padding in them already. The base will also have felt pads to prevent scratching.

The price will be $120 each plus shipping. I will only take payment for orders once units are finished and ready to ship out, no pre-orders. I estimate the first run being available to ship out mid-January.

That all being said, I'd like to hear from you, which styles you'd be interested in so I can gauge how many of each style emblem I need to cut for an initial run. Also, feel free to let me know if there are any other style emblems you'd like me to look at doing in future runs. I plan on doing some Imperial and Galactic Republic insignias as well as wall mount versions in the near future. PM me if you are interested in ordering or if you have any questions.

Thanks for your interest!

-David
Helmet Stand Prototypes 01.jpg

Helmet Stand Prototypes 02.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 03.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 08.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 04.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 05.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 06.jpg
Helmet Stand Prototypes 07.jpg

superjedi

Sr Hunter
When all the shelves are in place, each space is about 15 inches high.
You could take a couple of the shelves out of course, but then you'd only have two spaces to display stuff.

Haloax44

New Hunter
I'd be interested in a ROTJ stand. I'd probably recommend some felt or something on the bottom of the base and around where to helmet sits to avoid scratching.

David Neth

Hunter
I'd be interested in a ROTJ stand. I'd probably recommend some felt or something on the bottom of the base and around where to helmet sits to avoid scratching.
Definitely. I've been trying out putting some small disc felt pads already which work fine but ultimately I'd like to have one large disc of either felt or cork that covers the entire bottom.

Haloax44

New Hunter
Definitely. I've been trying out putting some small disc felt pads already which work fine but ultimately I'd like to have one large disc of either felt or cork that covers the entire bottom.
Now would the cradle need to be padded to avoid scratching the inside of the helmet too? I don't know too much on what scratches what, but it seems like a good idea to me on paper.

David Neth

Hunter
Now would the cradle need to be padded to avoid scratching the inside of the helmet too? I don't know too much on what scratches what, but it seems like a good idea to me on paper.
I don't plan on padding the top cap since most people will have padding inside the helmet. The cap is deburred so it won't cut into the padding.

David Neth

Hunter
Does the bump indicate you're ready to take orders or are you just gaining more interest for when you do?
Gaining more interest. I'm wanting to see what emblems are wanted most so I can plan to cut the proper amount in my initial run. I'll definitely post when I'm ready to take orders. I'm fact, I'll start a new "sales" thread with pictures of the the production version(s).

David Neth

Hunter
*UPDATE*

I went ahead and put in my order with my water jet guy to have the emblems cut. They're a little backlogged right now but I should have all my parts ready to go for the first batch here in the next week or so. From there, I'll just have to weld them up and send them out. I sent out a few of my prototypes to some notable members of this community and the response was very good so I wanted to go ahead and get these made for you guys. I added a few Imperial Insignias as a universal helmet stand for any helmets of the Empire they might want to display. For anyone who is interested, here is what I should have available from my first run.

Qty.12 ROTJ
Qty.6 ESB
Qty.2 PrePro
Qty.5 Mudhorn
Qty.5 Imperial Insignia

I'm also considering doing an EE3 Blaster stand as well in the same style but with a smaller emblem. I'll try to fabricate a prototype here in the next few weeks and post some pictures so I can see what you guys think.

Thanks for all your feedback and patience. These should be some nice pieces.

-David

Darth Voorhees - Chin Cup