Jet Pack In process of budget build

Andrew Martin

New Hunter
Hey guys. Looking for advice on the jett pack for Boba Fett. I debating on weather to just buy the jet pack for 300 bucks plus shipping or to attempt to make it myself. I'm leaning towards trying to make from scratch. Any advice on where to start would be great. Thanks!

Anovos is also offering a jetpack for 350+shipping, and its an exact replica of the screen used jetpack, but there is a waitlist. As of now I know there are templates to 3D print a jetpack but that would cost a bit of money and then you'd still have to sand/trim a lot. I've seen threads on making your own scratch built jetpack but I know it takes a very very very very very very very long time because of all the parts.

Hey guys. Looking for advice on the jett pack for Boba Fett. I debating on weather to just buy the jet pack for 300 bucks plus shipping or to attempt to make it myself. I'm leaning towards trying to make from scratch. Any advice on where to start would be great. Thanks!

Hey Andrew, I am in the process of an ESB build. I am wanting to build as much as I can. And by doing so I am cutting my build cost down tremendously, probably a fraction of the cost of buying items already made. There is a downside though, and that is it definitely takes more time.

I managed to fully 3d print my entire jetpack for less than $50 in ASB plastic. It took a couple hundred hours to print and serveral more hours of sanding and prepping and painted.

While not perfect, I thought it turned out very nice and local members of the 501st and Mando Mercs were blown away that it was a 3d print and a recent event/meet and greet.

20181020_221533.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Andrew, I am in the process of an ESB build. I am wanting to build as much as I can. And by doing so I am cutting my build cost down tremendously, probably a fraction of the cost of buying items already made. There is a downside though, and that is it definitely takes more time.

I managed to fully 3d print my entire jetpack for less than $50 in ASB plastic. It took a couple hundred hours to print and serveral more hours of sanding and prepping and painted.

While not perfect, I thought it turned out very nice and local members of the 501st and Mando Mercs were blown away that it was a 3d print and a recent event/meet and greet.

View attachment 172482

That looks great! Did you create the file yourself or did you find it online?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back