Howdie

Mottrex

Hunter
Just a quick Hello from a long time lurker builder and Cos Player. I've been Mott Rex on various forums for a very long time often using just Mott (it came about from having to create a user name for Starwars.com back in the windows 98 eek! era and is actually my name with a few letters removed)

Anyhow.. I keep starting and stopping a Boba Build but this time plan on at the very least finishing a Dented Helmet and where best to start than on this fine forum..
I downloaded Rafal's awesome templates but only got so far but have dug out my foam head minus dome and planning in finishing the basic helmet then either layering a skin of bodywork filler and making a mold to cast in resin with a fibreglass matting to reinforce it.. I think that's how most are making theirs ?

Long intro hope to chat along the way once I get my Thang on..

Mott

I could just buy a pre formed helmet but where is the fun in that

Mott Rex

I could just buy a pre formed helmet but where is the fun in that

Mott Rex
Welcome! Wow, a true “Scratch Builder“! Kudos to you my good sir. Hope you stick with it.

For me, I went the vendor route and have been fortunate enough to get my ROTJ Fett built inside of a year. $5k spent thus far, it was not a cheap endeavor. But in the end, came out with a pretty great Fett that definitely turns heads!
7706652D-F58D-4197-BD99-45065A3A24B2.jpeg

5EE8EF84-7C5D-41E8-BD8B-5930383ED842.jpeg

A1CDD858-64DF-4E2B-9459-C44DAF30A4F5.jpeg

….And I’m still upgrading and swapping things out! Hahaha!

I know there are many others who have been at it much longer.

Take er’ one step at a time! Let us know how we can help!

Best,
-Iron

Mott Rex
Welcome! Wow, a true “Scratch Builder“! Kudos to you my good sir. Hope you stick with it.

For me, I went the vendor route and have been fortunate enough to get my ROTJ Fett built inside of a year. $5k spent thus far, it was not a cheap endeavor. But in the end, came out with a pretty great Fett that definitely turns heads!
View attachment 218719
View attachment 218720
View attachment 218721

….And I’m still upgrading and swapping things out! Hahaha!

I know there are many others who have been at it much longer.

Take er’ one step at a time! Let us know how we can help!

Best,
-Iron
If my outfit looks even a smudge like yours I'd be very happy.
I guess building from scratch my helmet might be prone to dimension changes which might hinder my paint later in the build.
I will hunt the correct dimensions for the helmet and maybe shrink the initial structure to allow for build up.
Thank you for your kind words

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back