He's no good to me dead...

Eccentricbull

New Hunter
New to the DH and looking for help with painting my 1st helm. It's a Rubies from Disney that had the most HORRIBLE paint job I've seen on a mask. Especially need help with the cutting out of the visor T. Don't want to screw it up!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome.
Good choice for your first attempt. You can only improve it!
I used a dremel and some hand sheers on two separate Rubies, purchased from Target.
After doing so, I recommend hand sheers. The dremel melted more than it cut. The sheers made for less cleanup with a hand file after removal. Careful, as that clear plastic is no joke. It splinters, and is sharp.
Use a high quality t-visor and you will be pleased with how it looks after new paint.

New to the DH and looking for help with painting my 1st helm. It's a Rubies from Disney that had the most HORRIBLE paint job I've seen on a mask. Especially need help with the cutting out of the visor T. Don't want to screw it up!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If we're on the same page, the helmet should look like this... 2.JPG
The visor is the clear plastic lense, you would cut away the clear,and file down to the red area of the mandibles and brow.

That's not what mine looked like. Box was top, bottom and 3 sides. The visor is the cross part of the T then only about 1/2 on the vertical part. Rest is the same material as the helmet.

I'm guessing so, but the date on it is 2014. Have it primed and sitting out in the sun at the moment trying to soften and re shape

If it's a vinyl helmet like this one:

image1.JPG

you can probably just cut the visor with shears, as L3Fett suggests.

You may have some trouble getting new paint to stick to this surface, maybe others here who have tried will have advice.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back