Help with 3D printed Jetpack Mounting

bigbubba382

New Hunter
Hey everyone! I'm 3D printing RafalFett 's awesome jetpack files and need some help. To anyone that has printed his pack or any other pack, how did you harness the jetpack and what kind of rigs are you using for it? Did you mount plates onto the 3D printed jetpack and it held on well? Pictures of your harness, brackets, and anything you have used to mount it to yourself would help tremendously!

1642086338352.png

bigbubba382
I think everyone here will agree that for the hardware full metal fett 's stuff is numero uno! Full Metal Fett stuff is awesome and priced very well - here is the link to his Sales thread - Jet Pack Hardware. I have a Coz3D Jetpack which is a PLA 3D Printed Jetpack sold on Etsy, and use his stuff on that Jetpack. I stole a shot of his items (Apologies full metal fett ) from his sales thread and identified them as....
1642092518315.png

You can see from the pic above that he also includes plates to install on the inside of the Jetpack for added support! He also includes basic hex nuts and fender washers with this. But I've opt'd to replace the the hex nuts with wing nuts as it is much easier to hold onto them with your hand and use a screwdriver to screw them in. I also added in lock washers as I noticed after one 2-hour troop they became very loose.
Full Metal Fett - Before.jpg

Full Metal Fett - After.jpg

I trooped with it again and after another 2-hour troop these hooks were not loose!
:cool:(y)

Here is my JetPack (Sorry I just like showing it off - haha!).....
Iron's JP 1.jpg

...and the back so you can see the Jetpack Hardware (Hooks) from Full Metal Fett - and magnets used to secure the door.
Magnets and Hooks Installed.jpg

You'll see that Full Metal Fett offers Hooks, Rings and Clips. All of which are pretty darn movie accurate and very functional. (Not pictured above are the Clips - more on those below)

As far as the Harness goes, there are a few options out there. I initially went with Man of War Studio's Jetpack Harness. What I liked about this was that it is very low profile and you only need to supply and sew on the white strapping and hooks. The Hooks on the Jetpack obviously get attached to the Rings on the Jetpack Harness. Here is my MoW Jetpack Harness....
Full Metal Fett Hook Added to MoW Vest.jpg

This item can be found at Man of War - Jetpack Harness. Only negative thing I can say about this is that it does creep up and hug your throat after some time. Not enough to fully choke you but it becomes uncomfortable. I had thought to remedy that problem by sewing on some velcro to the underneath part of the Harness and onto my flight suit. But the wife gave me the go ahead to invest into a Bigdane Jetpack Harness Kit. (Just waiting for another run) From what I've been told Big Danes Jetpack Harness Kit is thee Crème De La Crème harness to get. Not only is it quite movie accurate (ESB or ROTJ) but it is very functional. Also, I'm told it is very comfortable to wear.

I'm totally stealing his photo here, (Apologies @Big Dane) but here is what his finished kit looks like....
1642092061057.png

Not really pictured all that well in the pic above is the metal piece that extends on either side of the harness. The picture below shows one side - but you can clearly see that it goes all the way across. The purpose of this is so that the Clips that Full Metal Fett sells can attach to this, thereby securing the Jetpack even further!
1642092344893.png

Again, my wife gave me the go ahead to get this when Big Dane gets his next run of these going. And I was also given the go ahead to get bobamaker 's Jetpack (A pretty costly kit - but all my armor is from him) And with that, I made another purchase of Full Metal Fetts Hooks.....and Clips! Here is my new Jetpack with those hooks, clips and other greeblies installed.
Iron's Greeblies.jpg

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

Cheers,
-Iron

Last edited:
Nicely done. I like to opt for the over long countersunk machine screw as a counter to anything coming loose. The chances of all those bolts running out their full length is small. I do find putting them on a big faff as getting a hand or tool inside the jetpack is so hard, the door on that first pack is so small I'm blown away you could manage it!!!

I do find putting them on a big faff as getting a hand or tool inside the jetpack is so hard, the door on that first pack is so small I'm blown away you could manage it!!!
full metal fett
....and that right there is precisely the reason why I did that. On that first pack, you called it, getting my hand in that door wasn't fun and trying to hold my small crescent wrench in there, wasn't much better. Again, that's why I did what I did. Putting wing nuts in there to simply hold on with my hand was much easier. I can tell you this though - I've trooped with it a few times and it is still very tight!
1642523674957.png
1642523686565.png

Thank you so very much! This helps me tremendously!!
bigbubba382
It's what we're here for!
1642523733252.png

-Iron

bigbubba382
I think everyone here will agree that for the hardware full metal fett 's stuff is numero uno! Full Metal Fett stuff is awesome and priced very well - here is the link to his Sales thread - Jet Pack Hardware. I have a Coz3D Jetpack which is a PLA 3D Printed Jetpack sold on Etsy, and use his stuff on that Jetpack. I stole a shot of his items (Apologies full metal fett ) from his sales thread and identified them as....
View attachment 219083

You can see from the pic above that he also includes plates to install on the inside of the Jetpack for added support! He also includes basic hex nuts and fender washers with this. But I've opt'd to replace the the hex nuts with wing nuts as it is much easier to hold onto them with your hand and use a screwdriver to screw them in. I also added in lock washers as I noticed after one 2-hour troop they became very loose.
View attachment 219085

View attachment 219086

I trooped with it again and after another 2-hour troop these hooks were not loose!
:cool:(y)

Here is my JetPack (Sorry I just like showing it off - haha!).....
View attachment 219077

...and the back so you can see the Jetpack Hardware (Hooks) from Full Metal Fett - and magnets used to secure the door.
View attachment 219078

You'll see that Full Metal Fett offers Hooks, Rings and Clips. All of which are pretty darn movie accurate and very functional. (Not pictured above are the Clips - more on those below)

As far as the Harness goes, there are a few options out there. I initially went with Man of War Studio's Jetpack Harness. What I liked about this was that it is very low profile and you only need to supply and sew on the white strapping and hooks. The Hooks on the Jetpack obviously get attached to the Rings on the Jetpack Harness. Here is my MoW Jetpack Harness....
View attachment 219080

This item can be found at Man of War - Jetpack Harness. Only negative thing I can say about this is that it does creep up and hug your throat after some time. Not enough to fully choke you but it becomes uncomfortable. I had thought to remedy that problem by sewing on some velcro to the underneath part of the Harness and onto my flight suit. But the wife gave me the go ahead to invest into a Bigdane Jetpack Harness Kit. (Just waiting for another run) From what I've been told Big Danes Jetpack Harness Kit is thee Crème De La Crème harness to get. Not only is it quite movie accurate (ESB or ROTJ) but it is very functional. Also, I'm told it is very comfortable to wear.

I'm totally stealing his photo here, (Apologies @Big Dane) but here is what his finished kit looks like....
View attachment 219081

Not really pictured all that well in the pic above is the metal piece that extends on either side of the harness. The picture below shows one side - but you can clearly see that it goes all the way across. The purpose of this is so that the Clips that Full Metal Fett sells can attach to this, thereby securing the Jetpack even further!
View attachment 219082

Again, my wife gave me the go ahead to get this when Big Dane gets his next run of these going. And I was also given the go ahead to get bobamaker 's Jetpack (A pretty costly kit - but all my armor is from him) And with that, I made another purchase of Full Metal Fetts Hooks.....and Clips! Here is my new Jetpack with those hooks, clips and other greeblies installed.
View attachment 219084

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

Cheers,
-Iron
I'm not knocking fm fetts gear because I've bought it myself and its spot on but the top hooks I found personally that it makes the jp hang away from the back plate and I like mine to sit tight to my back so I made my own, I used the rest of his gear, the metal squares that fix to the inside and the bottom hooks, rings, buckle etc but the only thing I didnt use was the top hooks but that's just my personal preference.

Attachments

• 20220415_071643.jpg
    20220415_071643.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220415_071631.jpg
    20220415_071631.jpg
    953.6 KB · Views: 111
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back