[Help] Scam? Or slow turnaround time?

RistetToast

New Hunter
Hello.

November 21st 2017 I ordered an EE3 ROTJ blaster from Sidewinder. He said I should expect a minimum of 12 weeks lead time, as he had other orders at the time.

May 7th 2018 I asked for a status update where he said he had five to do before he would get to do mine.

Now here near the end of october 2018, I have yet to recieve the blaster. Is it normal that he has this slow of a turnaround time? Or am I being scammed?

The e-mail is: sidewinder@dachande.co.uk, which I found on his website where kits and full comissions were displayed.

Hope you can help me ease my nerves a bit. I am okay with waiting, but as I have been close to being scammed in the past, this whole thing makes me uneasy.

intwenothor

Active Hunter
I'll vouch for Sidewinder all day long. Have you contacted him again since May, that would seem a necessary step?

rnbuda

Well-Known Hunter
Sidewinder built my blaster. Took more time than estimated but delivered an outstanding product.

Year + delays are nothing new in this hobby but Sidewinder has YEARS of history delivering.

Funkyred

Hunter
Sidewinder is totally legit , I bought my EE3 from him end then later sent it back to have lights and sounds retrofitted. Good things come to those who wait....

RistetToast

New Hunter
Thank you all for the quick replies. I have only heard good things about Sidewinder as well, which is why I ordered from him, but I was worried that perhaps I had got in touch with someone pretending to be him. With your reassurance I am far more at ease! :)

I ordered mine in October 2017. Was in touch with him recently that he is now currently assembling mine and he had about six blasters ahead of mine when I ordered.

I have seen his work for others and it is well worth the wait IMO. I can't wait to get it!

SUTT4869

Jr Hunter
Yeah I have a EE3 on order as well . I think there were like five ahead of me so I figure it’s going to be a while.

clown3y

Hunter
I ordered one back in June with 12+ weeks of estimated lead time. Those weeks passed and I was told that it'll take a couple more months. I haven't gotten an exact date, which is fine because everyone's got a real life besides all this prop building, but I'm still a bit disappointed about the lack of clear communication. Waiting is a big part of this hobby and I've gotten used to it after three years, but being 5 months in (with more to come) while originally being told that it'll be about 3 months leaves kind of a bad taste.

Though, of course: I'm certain that he will deliver at some point and that I'll be really happy with the finished prop.

Last edited: