Helmet Helmet Padding

PoD

Hunter
Hi. I am new to posting on here but just got my new helmet and I was wondering what are people using for the internal padding on it?

I have seen the post showing the original Boba Fett helmet set up, but as the helmet inserts that were used back then are now not readily available what are people using instead?

I personally like to use hardhat liners. I just purchase a whole hardhat, cut off the sockets that the liner snaps into and glue the sockets into my helmet. The liner is removable if I ever need to service the helmet and I can tighten up the straps so it doesn't wobble on my head. There is also the added benefit of having airflow around your head to help keep you cool. Padding will absorb sweat and eventually smell and need replacement and you WILL sweat in your helmet.

That was the way I was looking at doing it. I have a steel helmet so was thinking of welding some kind of sockets to hold it onto the inside of the helmet

image.jpegimage.jpegI was able to purchase a nice liner on eBay , I really liked the master replica look when I saw it, fits great , I have a fan above the forehead with a tube through the padding

It's something i had forgotten about until my helmet arrived too. Plus with it being a Jango Fett helmet it needs the helmet skirt as well.

I have been looking at them. I might go down that route but I am waiting for fans and the rangefinder servo to turn up before I buy anything so I know what room i have

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back