Helmet on amazon?

Bossklife

New Hunter
Hello all, I am new here and attempting to figure out the best route, that is also affordable, for a good, accurate cosplay. No plans for 501 application, now, but perhaps later when I can upgrade.

I have been browsing this very valuable forum for a couple of weeks for ideas, pricing, details, and so on.

With that said, I came across this Boba helmet on Amazon and was curious is anyone had prior experience with this particular one. Perhaps a decent starting place?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CSXLVXT/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any thoughts regarding this helmet are appreciated. Thank you.

Hello all, I am new here and attempting to figure out the best route, that is also affordable, for a good, accurate cosplay. No plans for 501 application, now, but perhaps later when I can upgrade.

I have been browsing this very valuable forum for a couple of weeks for ideas, pricing, details, and so on.

With that said, I came across this Boba helmet on Amazon and was curious is anyone had prior experience with this particular one. Perhaps a decent starting place?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CSXLVXT/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any thoughts regarding this helmet are appreciated. Thank you.

I don't think that this is worth the asking price. Animefan used to sell budget recast of the Master Replicas helmet at around the 160 mark. It's an unpainted kit. For that you get a cast of the most accurate thing currently out there. That represents far better value for money than this item which is, in my opinion, manure.

I don't think that this is worth the asking price. Animefan used to sell budget recast of the Master Replicas helmet at around the 160 mark. It's an unpainted kit. For that you get a cast of the most accurate thing currently out there. That represents far better value for money than this item which is, in my opinion, manure.

Thank you sir. I appreciate the help!

That helmet is trash. Honestly I suggest the Rubies bucket if you’re looking for something cheap and you can throw some paint on to make decent. Like you said not 501st and something you can upgrade in the future like a cast from Wasted Fett or Animefan.

Here’s the link: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Me...-16&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=boba+fett

Thank you and that was actually going to be a follow-up question. I have ZERO artistic ability and wouldn't mind buying one for $50 or less to practice on for painting. Thanks!

Thank you and that was actually going to be a follow-up question. I have ZERO artistic ability and wouldn't mind buying one for $50 or less to practice on for painting. Thanks!

Not a problem. It’s a good helmet for $50. It comes apart in 4 pieces (edges are hidden by ear caps) and it’ll be great for practice.

Not a problem. It’s a good helmet for $50. It comes apart in 4 pieces (edges are hidden by ear caps) and it’ll be great for practice.

Excellent. I really wanted to go for a Bossk cosplay, but cant seem to find a source for most of the parts, so it may have to be Boba, Jango, or my own Mandolorian costume. Thank you again. These forums are very helpful due to folks like you and intwenothor, and others.

He's right. A decent paint up can make the difference even on a cheap helmet. Even with limited skills you could top that paint up with minimal effort even without an airbrush; there are some good spray can posts here.

Before I got into painting up a real bucket, I decided to paint my Rubies helmet for practice. It actually came out looking pretty great, I think.
Now, I am considering if I should try to sell it or not. I updated the stalk and range finder, and tinted the lens as well.

F695B8A0-CBFF-4FD3-B57B-A8A2BEBE37CA.jpeg

50BF15F1-F3C4-494D-B6CB-E1E55796FA3E.jpeg

34F4D36D-CF42-4882-8EE9-B9465DCDE49A.jpeg

5709CFEA-8E55-4E49-B27B-A90FB4709F2F.jpeg

4A35CA28-D10A-43A8-AE2E-66CF9CB1E287.jpeg

Thanks. I painted it as ROTJ. The kill stripes were freshly painted in the pics and looked too bright at first. But darkened when they dried. I also added a 3D printed circuit board and dental files. Got them from Rafelfett on Shapeways.

The forums on TDH can almost be too much information for a person wanting to start a Boba helmet. Maybe I can simplify
some of it to help you believe you can do much better than that $200+ dollar thing on Amazon.
First buy a unpainted hemet you can afford. I know the paint job looks complex but lets look at it from a paint by numbers
point of view.Forget the little details you see and think about the six main color areas of the helmet.
1..The dome and lower cheeks...Green
2..The upper cheeks...Black
3..The mandibles and rim around the helmet and center back panel... Red or maroon
4..The back panels...blue or blue green
5 Right ear piece...Kind of sandy yellow
6..Left ear piece...Olive or lighter yellow green
Prep and primer the helmet.
All of these colors are easily defined by the structure of the helmet and can be masked along those structure lines. The forums will give you rattle can colors that will work just fine for them. Make sure to ALWAYS let them dry completely before moving to the next one.
For the color details that go over these colors take RafalFetts stencils, size them as close as you can, and use them to in essence create
your own paint by numbers areas of color to topically brush paint over the main color areas. Members have listed both enamel and acrylics
for these colors. I work with enamel but you can brush with either or both if you always let each dry completely.
The secret is to take your time and focus on only one color area, whether big or small, at a time. In art when you simplify you'll be able to concentrate
and make it work.Try it. Everyone here is with you. Believe and enjoy the process I know you will.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back