Helmet in the upcoming propstore auction

I know a bunch of us have seen it. I’m personally not very impressed for the price they want. Sure it’s cool, but it’s not even a movie used prop. When you can buy a painted generation 2 RotJ SE helmet for like $1k or raw for $500 with lineage to a used prop it makes me wonder why pay $20k-$30k for an unused piece?

the value is one thing, and certainly can be debated (seems nuts to me), but how about the dimensions stated? 10.5" x 10.5"? I wonder how they measured it because unless I'm mistaken, that's bigger than the actual helmet it's copied from.

I was interested mainly in this as I know that all of the helmets for fett have been traced down. So here comes this one,, production made for the movie. Just was interested in where it fits in the scheme of things.

I was interested mainly in this as I know that all of the helmets for fett have been traced down. So here comes this one,, production made for the movie. Just was interested in where it fits in the scheme of things.
Not all Fett helmets have been traced down. The PP1 or eyes and ears helmet is still missing. That is if you are not one of the proponents of the "they painted it over" theory.

boba87fett is the lineage of the one on auction known?

Last edited:
It looks like this helmet shared the same mold (made from 2 pieces?) like the Banzai helmet, which is a fiberglass helmet and not vacuum formed like this one:
708085 - Copy.jpg
708087 - Copy.jpg

Note that the right upper ear lump on the Banzai helmet was removed by the original owner, as this was meant to be a personal project, but never finalized (thanks God for that ==> Fett from 1986).

It's a fascinating object. I'm wondering about those dimensions too but they could just be a rough guide. I hope that post auction some finer details on the provenance, and the process that made and rejected it might be known. Also hoping we might see some pictures without the watermark. Great stuff.
I can see it making a healthy amount. Plenty of collectors out there with deep pockets.

I'm wondering about those dimensions too but they could just be a rough guide.

In light of the realization that its a vac-formed copy, the larger dimensions make sense, since the plastic is conforming to the outside of the helmet. In that regard, it changes my initial thoughts on this helmet. The price tag no longer seems so nuts.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back