Helmet and armour purchased in Australia

Hi,

I just purchased this helmet and armour from a guy over here in Australia. I paid US $300 in total for the helmet and armour which I figured was a pretty good deal, since it also came with led chest display, gloves and wookie braids.

The armour is a mix of fibreglass and abs pieces (back pieces not shown in photo) and the helmet is fibreglass. The flash on my camera has affected the colours a little but I was fairly happy with the purchase.

However since reading these forums I'm starting to wonder about the origin of the helmet because I suspect it may be a recast. Given the depth of knowledge on these forums, I would grateful to hear some of your opinions.

Ben

fett02.jpg

fett01.jpg

Nice score man! I Don't know much about Altmann's buckets, But I believe he was out of Australia. So, yours might be an original.

While I agree altmans are decent helmets, I don't think I would prefer the altmanns over the SGTfang, MLC or MSH. Couple things that bother me about it are the visor squaring off/not going further like that. Something about the dome is starting to bother me too.

That doesn't look like an Altmann's to me. The mandibles are too far apart. Altmann's have a very narrow "nose". Yours also seems to have a different flare.

I can't remember, but it's either an Altmann's or DP Deluxe recast. Overall, it doesn't look too bad (dent is a bit large though). You could re-paint the armor to get it more screen accurate, but for the price I think you did well.

(y)

I agree, the dent is certainly too big.

I thought a couple more pictures might help give you a better idea of the general shape of the bucket...

fett03.jpg

fett04.jpg

fett05.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back