Hello all

Cade

New Hunter
I need some help and while trolling the net I came across your community here. Looked around a bit and decided that this would be the place for me.

So here goes.

I want to do a custom Mando helm and possibly the armor if all goes well with the helm. This would be my first attempt at it. I would like to do it real nice though and not use a Rubies helm. I have no Idea where to find a cast one or prices for them. My budget and time is limited do to my career (U.S. Army).

Any help would be awesome on how to obtain one of these helms so I can start.

Well, I figured it all out (I think)

I will be starting on my armor first, basing it off of the Interceptor body armor I wear for a living (seems practical to me)

Since I don't want to ruin a good bucket with a first try......I will be buying a rubies to get my technique down and move on from there. I will try and hash out a not so horrible sketch some time this evening and let you guys decide for yourselves.

Good call on using a cheaper test subject. You don't want to ruin a decent helmet for $150 or more.

Yeah....more or less my wifes decision though.

Aren't women great?

Ordered my armor last night. Should be here in about 10 days. It's freaking awesome too. All black Interceptor body armor.

Interceptor armor is short for big, bulky and uncomfortable.

But then again when you are serving your country it shouldnt matter what is uncomfortable because you wont be in to many comfortable positions while on tour.

But anyways, good luck with the build and post progress pics.

Welcome to the boards Cade'. Can't wait to see your custom Mando.

G-Fett

Thanks.

Bucket ordered and on the way. Since this is a Rubies, what would be the best way to reinforce it?

I was thinking fiberglass inside and out. Anyone else have other ways to reinforce these buckets?

Got my bucket today.....can't say I'm too happy though. Man I thought it would be a little more rigid than it is, also thought it would at least be even also. But alas it is not. So I will make it so. Anyways took some picks of it for you all.

Here's the front
DSCF0461.jpg

Here's the back
DSCF0462.jpg

RF and ear piece....which will be heavily customized also.
DSCF0464.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back