Hasbro BS Helmet Facelift and Paint Up

out of the two....the right. Although my eye doesn't quite register either of them as familiar.
Thanks. Me neither. This is my first time painting an ESB helmet. I’ve only painted ROTJ. I know that this color in particular has been somewhat debatable. The color swatch on the CRL doesn’t look right either. Any additional help would be appreciated. I feel like this color could make or break the paint job.

Thanks. Me neither. This is my first time painting an ESB helmet. I’ve only painted ROTJ. I know that this color in particular has been somewhat debatable. The color swatch on the CRL doesn’t look right either. Any additional help would be appreciated. I feel like this color could make or break the paint job.
This looks interesting, if a bit vague in parts I think.

That’s the CRL I was referring to. The Pantone color recommendation doesn’t look right to be either, but like I said I’m not very familiar with it.
Grabbed a screen cap from ESB on Disney + when Fett is walking away, following Vader when Han is tortured.
Opened in photoshop, and used the color picker tool on the best lit part of his back panel.
Gave me this.
What do you think?
Too dark?
fettbackpanel.png

I may go with the lighter one. Can always darken it with a wash. Harder to lighten it up. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
yeah man. no probs.
Always run a test spray on something first though. will be interesting to see how it comes out in real world application.

Here is the swatch of what the color on the left was supposed to look like.
C7C89536-3789-419B-8ACB-76D9C914273F.jpeg
I have seen some use a color similar to this. It has the blue that you see in certain light.

I'm curious how you did the color matching at the store? They need a physical sample to match it if I recall.
If you printed the picture I can say from experience that the printer won't match the screen at all.

I'm curious how you did the color matching at the store? They need a physical sample to match it if I recall.
If you printed the picture I can say from experience that the printer won't match the screen at all.
Good question.
I don't know about paints you would use for airbrush or rattlecan, but other companies offer that same kind of service, so I assume it's possible.
Ex. Match My Color.

That link shows a color called "Deep Emerald", based on ShortFuse's latest swatch.
His swatch on the left, and theirs on the right.
VERY close.
C7C89536-3789-419B-8ACB-76D9C914273F.jpeg

For my next ROTJ, I was considering going to a local custom paint shop that mixes and makes custom spray paint cans as well, and color match my ROTJ specs, so I can just pump them out in a single spray, rather than the misting/mix job I had to do with the first one.
Would give me a MUCH cleaner look I think.
Damn...now I want to go do that, but they're not open today! lol

What I did in this particular instance was do a Google image search for a suggested color, example Humbrol 73 for the mandibles. You can usually find a picture like this:

D488EDB6-A486-4E43-957E-96BB006E6339.png
It gives you the Hex # and the RGB code. You can then go here:
You can enter the hex code at the top and cross reference the color with different brands of paints. It gives you the name and code of the paint that most closely matches. Behr and Valspar are on the list, which you can get at Home Depot and Lowes respectively. That is how I’m doing it. It may not work in the end, but this whole thing is one big experiment. Here are some other useful sites I have been using for my “experiment “.

What I did in this particular instance was do a Google image search for a suggested color, example Humbrol 73 for the mandibles. You can usually find a picture like this:

View attachment 195559
It gives you the Hex # and the RGB code. You can then go here:
You can enter the hex code at the top and cross reference the color with different brands of paints. It gives you the name and code of the paint that most closely matches. Behr and Valspar are on the list, which you can get at Home Depot and Lowes respectively. That is how I’m doing it. It may not work in the end, but this whole thing is one big experiment. Here are some other useful sites I have been using for my “experiment “.

Nice.
Thank you for the explanation.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back