Hasbro BS Helmet Facelift and Paint Up

Thanks. Your helmet looked great with the green I may not wait until I find black
Plus this always looked kinda green to me.
19FF23D4-DB22-480F-9A0B-BDF1FE80706C.jpeg

Id say so too, but someone on here said this visor was never used on screen but I know I won't find that thread again.

That helmet was used twice on screen: in ESB as hero and in ROTJ in the added scenes for the Special Edition. And that green is actually dark gray; it was also confirmed by Art when eFX cast the helmet.

How does shape of the helmet compare to the best that is out there? It was made from 3D scan of real one, right?
Hasbro did a 3D scan of the same hero screen used ESB helm that eFX made their direct cast from, yes.
But, Hasbro seriously cleaned up the details, and made the whole thing symmetrical.
So, it's "SIZE" is pretty much the same, although Hasbro seems to be a wee big bigger, but side by side ( just snapped these two for reference), the differences are painfully obvious.
eFX Fett is on the left and Hasbro on the right . ( paint upgrade on the eFX and ROTJ re-paint on the Hasbro, both done by me).
20210817_214534.jpg

Seeing them side by side makes the Hasbro one much less desirable. Do you know much about the brow asymmetry on the TESB helmet?
Is whole mandible pushed up or does the brow drop?

Seeing them side by side makes the Hasbro one much less desirable. Do you know much about the brow asymmetry on the TESB helmet?
Is whole mandible pushed up or does the brow drop?
You get a better idea from this "negative" i made of the eFX picture.
You can definitely see it's un even-ness.
The Hasbro is noticeably more consistent and symmetrical.
20210817_214534A.jpg

Thanks. This is my fiber glass scratch build. When I finished it the ears were almost vertical. I wanted more flare at the bottom. I pushed on the face trying to see how it would look and it cracked on the same side as the real ESB helmet. I scored the inside, shoved in a wooden wedge and re-glassed I want to add the little wave on the top brow. I did not notice until last night, the my eye slot is a little wider on the right side, Seem the real helmet was in fact squashed a bit Still not happy with the dome...

Attachments

• ImprovedFlare.JPG
    ImprovedFlare.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back