Genuine Webley & Scott 1916 flare gun

dung0beetle

Active Hunter
webley5.gif
webley4.gif
webley3.gif
webley2.gif
webley1.gif

I would tell you where I found it, but it was the only one, and it is mine, MINE <insert maniacal laughter here>!

I don't know bro, looks abit off to me. tell you what, shipped it over to me and I'll verify it for ya.

And yes, I have a Webley & Scott genuine testmeter that will verify the gun. :lol:

Nice catch!

Stay safe,

Tim.

I thought I reconized those photo's. I bought a Webley from someone (cannot remember who), whom contacted me through ebay. He said he had a Webley that a client of his was trying to sell. The pictures that they sent me are those exact same images. This was like maybe three years ago.

It did end up genuine but I later sold the Webley :(

Last edited by a moderator:
So did you actually get the gun or just rip off some pics?

It's "supposed to be" coming in the mail... but reading some of the comments from you guys, I won't hold my breath. Gonna check into it. I don't usually buy stuff off the net. Maybe this is why. <nervous> :confused

Well you can always request more pictures to show that they have it on-hand (if it has not shipped already that is). That's what I did when I bought my Webley online. I also asked for the number that is stamped on each part of the Webley. If all the numbers match, then it's all original, sometimes if the numbers don't match, parts were replaced.

Hopefully you will get it.

FAKE!!!

The seller was hard to track down, as he is currently in federal prison. I am told he is not the only one doing this scam with these images. I can't talk about this much until the investigation is finished, but I would suggest noone purchase a "real" webley online for a while(resin or plastic ones are ok, just stay away from the "real" ones).

more to come...

p.s. I didn't actually lose any money on this, b/c his bank account was frozen, so the money just got kicked back into my account.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back