Future Star Wars movies

Discussion in 'The Sarlacc Pit' started by Drax, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Drax

Drax Member

It looks like the directors of Game of Thrones are going to direct some future Star Wars movies for Disney. They haven't said how many movies or when they would be released. What they did say was that the movies will be separate from the Skywalker saga. I really want some more darker themed Star Wars films personally so this could be pretty interesting.

01Hawk likes this.
  2. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

I’ll end up watching whatever they put out regardless.. pretty sure I will enjoy them no matter what

3. Viper

Viper Member

Couldn't agree more. I will watch any and all Star Wars movies, past and future, over and over, for the rest of my life. And I will love all of them.

01Hawk likes this.
  4. DeathProof

DeathProof Active Member

Is Rian Johnson still in line to direct his set of movies?

5. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

So far, yes.

6. Drax

Drax Member

Wait Rian Johnson is getting to make more of them? Wonderful.....

7. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

8. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

I read that they would link the Skywalker and the Rian Johnsons sagas

9. robotzo

robotzo Jr Member

I think Rian Johnson will make some good movies, regardless of how everybody felt about TLJ. Considering they are gonna be new stories and loosely related to the Skywalker saga, he will have a little more room for creativity and hopefully people will be a little more tolerant lol. but please god, nothing like leia in space lol

10. Got2bfett

Got2bfett Member

I'm all for darker movies and let's make the imperial forces less inept, kind of takes the fun out of it when it's one bungle after another .

11. hvacdon

hvacdon Member

Can't Wait for whatever Star Wars Movie Comes Out Next !!!

Froflo likes this.
  12. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

Am I the only one who is afraid that they are going with too much saturation? Given, my generation waited 16 years between ROTJ and TPM. But I am afraid that a Star Wars movie release is getting to be not that big of a deal. Even for me; let alone your average moviegoer.

Froflo likes this.
  13. Froflo

Froflo Jr Member

I agree with clmayfield but at the same time i feel that there is 1000 star wars storys that deserve a movie and ill probably watch every one they make ... for example i think making solo is terrible idea but im still going to go see it and it will probably still have parts (and props :p) that i really like ultimately more star wars is more starwars.

tommyboy likes this.
  14. tommyboy

tommyboy Jr Member

Clmayfield & Froflo I agree with both of you! Its a slippery slope no matter which path is taken! 1 movie a year or every other year ect. Character spin offs or not. How many trilogies can you have from the main story line! It simply comes down to ( Good story telling) if that can be done then there is no end in sight! To much Star Wars is not possible!

hvacdon likes this.
  15. hvacdon

hvacdon Member

I agree, to much Star Wars is not possible !! I'm good with the movies coming out often ! The more the merrier ! As long as their story line has a good direction, it will all be good !! We all know Disney isn't making these movies just to carry on the Star Wars legacy. They're making them to make the millions, let's hope they continue to put forth the effort required to keep the Star Wars quality of movies worth going to see !!!

16. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

I think 1 per year is a good pace. Anymore than that to me would be too much. For those who love the current superhero movies coming out (like myself) it can be difficult following along with all those because it seems that they are coming rapid fire style. 1 per year is frequent enough to keep interest, keep the hype up, give us something every year to look forward to while not getting burnt out.