Full Armor Kit or Piece by Piece? Boba on a Budget.

Boba117

New Hunter
Hello! I have been waiting for a long time to build my Boba ROTJ Costume and I'm finally going to start. I'm currently a student so sadly my starting budget's pretty low ($1,000) so I just want to know if you would recommend buying a full armor kit (painted) from a low price supplier, or if I should just take my time buying a few things at a time (while I get more money of course). I don't really mind if it takes some months to complete the proyect. Also, if you know where I could find a low cost armor kit I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!!

I would go quality pieces over time. Not sure of what quality level you envision or your definition of “some months”, but with a lower budget and desire for quality items, it could take year(s). There is an old saying around here. “Buy cheap, buy twice.”

Hello! I have been waiting for a long time to build my Boba ROTJ Costume and I'm finally going to start. I'm currently a student so sadly my starting budget's pretty low ($1,000) so I just want to know if you would recommend buying a full armor kit (painted) from a low price supplier, or if I should just take my time buying a few things at a time (while I get more money of course). I don't really mind if it takes some months to complete the proyect. Also, if you know where I could find a low cost armor kit I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!!
I currently adding final touches to a couple of ROTJ armour sets. I have gauntlets too. Not to blow my own trumpet, but they’re painted to a good standard. All painted with Archive-X enamels.

They’d be a good starting point.

Attachments

• 94FF9960-3CDB-4F9C-8EDF-B396854E89C0.jpeg
    94FF9960-3CDB-4F9C-8EDF-B396854E89C0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 241
  • 0FE840AB-4B1D-4026-B6BB-B9C2624867B6.jpeg
    0FE840AB-4B1D-4026-B6BB-B9C2624867B6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 244
  • F40693F5-8E64-4732-BA11-E9631D0A971C.jpeg
    F40693F5-8E64-4732-BA11-E9631D0A971C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 238
Hey Boba117 - welcome! I would recommend going slow, and acquiring pieces as you can afford them. That doesn't mean they have to be low quality. If you can find a GOOD set of armor for cheap in the cargo hold, then do it! Start there, see what is available and what fits into your budget, and go from there.

Agreed with the other guys on here! I'd opt for quality pieces - over time. I started my build one year ago with a budget of $1500. (Which can be done) But in my case I saw way too many upgrades and quality pieces I couldn't say "No" to. I went a bit overboard and ended up at $4200 a year later with some great pieces. And I still want to upgrade further too. I'd say start with a list of what your wanting to get and go from there. Also, to save money, plan on doing a lot of the work yourself. (Of course we're here for any advice, assistance or help you'd need). Here is the list I started with after doing a decent amount of research.
DescriptionVendorStatus
Full Flight SuitArkadyReceived
GlovesMoW StudiosReceived
BootsImperial BootsReceived
CapeObtained via eBay - US Army Half Shelter - Self MadeReceived
GirthbeltMoW StudiosReceived
Ammo BeltDelta 13 LeatherworksReceived
Wookie BraidsObtained via eBay from katarra8Received
HelmetBoba MakerReceived
Metal Borden Connector (for Helmet)Etsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Armor - CollarBoba MakerReceived
Armor - BackBoba MakerReceived
Armor - Chest (Painted/Weathered by Boba Maker)Boba MakerReceived
Armor - Shoulder (Painted/Weathered by Boba Maker)Boba MakerReceived
Armor - CodBoba MakerReceived
Armor - KidneyBoba MakerReceived
Armor - Knee's (Painted/Weathered by Boba Maker)Boba MakerReceived
Armor - Chest LED'sFettronicsReceived
Armor - Metal Studs (Collar/Back & Cod/Kidney)Etsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
GauntletsBoba MakerReceived
Gauntlet - Metal Flamethrower NozzlesMachine Craft (From y2gabe2 on TDH's Cargo Hold)Received
Gauntlets - Metal DartsEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Gauntlets - RocketEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Gauntlets - HoseHome DepotReceived
Z-6 JetpackEtsy - Coz3DReceived
Jetpack - Metal Beacon w/LEDEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Jetpack - Metal StabilizerEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Jetpack Thruster GreebliesEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaReceived
Jetpack - Metal ExhaustEtsy - QuestDesignCanadaFuture Upgrade
Jetpack - HarnessMoW StudiosReceived
EE-3 BlasterEtsy - AprilStormPropsReceived
Shin Tools - MoWMoW StudiosReceived
Voice BoxTRampFuture Upgrade
Decal - Helmet KillstripesDeLucks Design - Luckysy31Received
Decal - Jetpack MarkingsDeLucks Design - Luckysy31Received

And like others have said, look in the Cargo Hold for anyone looking to sell quality stuff, very often you can score a gem or two. Or since it is around the holidays, maybe even wait to see if vendors are going to offer a "Black Friday" deal.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back