Four Slot Beacon With Brass Top

Serenity

Hunter
I was asked to make a more screen accurate Beacon. I used a aging process on the brass. Pics show aged brass next to the new brass and one of the aged peices looks like copper. Let me know what you think.
I posted a screen use beacon pic.

All input welcome.

Thanks,
Serenity

beacon 014.jpg

beacon 016.jpg

beacon 015.jpg

beacon 017.jpg

Jetpack - Beacon 02.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work which will satisfy the most demanding of the ROTJ/SE crowd, but could there be an alternate version made as well for the ESB pack with a shallower height and the additional bump at the top? I've attached a pic from the TDH Wiki for reference.

1_rocketpackbeacontop.jpg

Thanks All:).

I changed the bore depth on my print. I beleive a screw could be added to fix the bump. I'll get to work on those two problem.

Thanks,
Serenity

Great work which will satisfy the most demanding of the ROTJ/SE crowd, but could there be an alternate version made as well for the ESB pack with a shallower height and the additional bump at the top? I've attached a pic from the TDH Wiki for reference.

Hey there! That looks amazing! GBH, I think that the ESB beacon had the flat top, not the bump top. I'm not certain which one the C4 pack is, but I don't think its ESB Hero. I'll look for some ref that shows it flat. That's hard, because on all the screen caps the beacon is lit and obscures the top a bit.

We did have a discussion about the beacons a while back. I'm thinking I have to agree with GBH, that the ESB beacon has the shorter brass top with the little bump on it. Scroll down to the pic Slave1pilot posted of the ESB pack. Again...it definatley is hard to say for shure, but my $ is on the shorter/bump version.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27560

In any event, what you are doing with these so far is wicked cool Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking I have to agree with GBH, that the ESB beacon has the shorter brass top with the little bump on it. Scroll down to the pic Slave1pilot posted of the ESB pack. Again...it definatley is hard to say for shure, but my $ is on the shorter/bump version.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=27560

In any event, what you are doing with these so far is wicked cool Sean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen Brother!

In any event, I don't know if anyone else had, but I asked Serenity a while back if he could make these modifications to the top of his beacon in order to be as screen accurate as possible! I think the work Sean's done so far looks great, so I don't want to come across as raining on the parade or anything, but being an ESB guy, I'm hoping to get that version spot on as well! "IF" the little nub at the top is or could be something like a Phillips pan head screw, Sean is that something you could adapt to be part of the ESB version? I've also attached the aforementioned pic that really hi-lights the stubbier brass top and the additional raised nub!

THX

:cheers

attachment.jpg

Hi All,

I want all the feedback I can get on what needs to be changed. I can make both versions. I put a screw on one and I think it looks good. I can't get a good pic of it. Monday I'll start on the shorter cap. I want to get them as close as I can. So please tell me if you see something wrong.:cheers

Thanks,
Serenity

I already have a Serenity beacon, so I'll be happy to stick with that.

But one thing I'm not convinced about, does the screen ESB beacon have the ridge separation that shows on the AoSW one? I'm guessing it should be smooth like the one I already own, all silver/aluminium coloured but with a brass or copper coloured top (slots section). It should be easy enough to find something "bumpy" to place on top.

But if a screw will be used on these new ones, that won't get in the way of placing a light in it will it? :confused

ha! Funny JK/BGH, I remembered the discussion, but only about the color, not quite the shape :confused oops! :D Here's some shots of the C4 and AoSW beacons. I don;t think there's a screwhead slot in the top, but maybe I'm just not seeing it. anyone else with better shots? you can see the indent from underneath in the C4 pic.

AoSW_beacon.jpg

C4_beacon top.jpg

HMMMM......Well those actually look like the longer style top, yet still have the bump on top!!!!!!!!!!!????????? How many friggin versions of this thing are there????????? Maybe its just the camera angle/focal length that is getting me all confused??? I dunno?????? It does look like the "bump" is not a screw though, and seems to be just "made" with the bump on it. Does that make sense???????

It does JK! Keep in mind as its been stated, there were SIX full suits made. possibly only one beacon was a found part, and the rest machined to look like it. (at least thats one theory) the C4 and AoSW pack are most likely not ESB Hero, but the shot S1P posted shows hat the ESB Hero did have the bump and was the shorter version.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back