malcfett

Active Hunter
I recently aquired this flightsuit on eBay. I originally
thought that it was more grey than light blue from the
pic in the auction. Can you Boba masters out there tell
me if this color is close to any of the Fett costumes
(ex. pre-pro, ESB, ROTJ), which one does it most
closely resemble, and what dye job, if any, would
it need to reach the style it resembles the closest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Bfsuit1A.jpg

Bfsuit2A.jpg

Bfsuit3A.jpg

I could be wrong,Looks closer to empire than jedi.1rst photo
looks light grey.Photo 2-3 looks to have more blue.(the flash maybe)I think it looks pretty good.How does it fit?

It's hard to tell from the lighting in the pics what color it is. The Jedi suit is a faded gray with a tint of tan to it while the ESB suit is light gray with a tint of blue to it. If yours is made of cotton, it can be lightened, darked, or dyed. I'd recommend removing the collar.

::Edit:: Is it just the lighting or are the short sleeves and thigh pockets a different color? :confused

BobaFettish wrote:

It's hard to tell from the lighting in the pics what color it is. The Jedi suit is a faded gray with a tint of tan to it while the ESB suit is light gray with a tint of blue to it. If yours is made of cotton, it can be lightened, darked, or dyed. I'd recommend removing the collar.

::Edit:: Is it just the lighting or are the short sleeves and thigh pockets a different color? :confused

Yes, you are correct...they are slightly off color from the rest of the suit. Hard to tell when
looking at it in person, though.

Thanks for the compliments too guys! I am very happy with my purchase.

Be careful if your going to dye or fade your suit. Different fabrics take dye/ bleach in diff. ways. I'd be afraid that the short sleeves and pouches would stand out even more so. I bleached two diff. sets of brown jersey gloves for my 1st set. They both looked very similar, but after bleaching them, one set was dark gray, and the other was bright yellow! That's a nice suit though!

it seems that the thigh pouches were sewn in the opposite legs from each other. As of the colors, I can't actually tell, maybe the flash or the quality of the pics, but they look kinda bluish somehow except in pic #1 that looks like gray. My advise, if you're doing a ROTJ suit, lay it down in the sun for a little while longer. For an ESB, looks perfect, just a little worn-out look, but it's look.

Thanks for all the input. I wouldn't have
noticed the pouches for a while if you
guys hadn't caught it here first.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back