Mandalorian Merc First Full Custom Mando

AranarNakk

New Hunter
Hey Vod,

I started this thread on the Mandalorian Mercs Forum as well; so if you're a member over there, here's the link: First Full Build.

I've been put off from doing this for a long time now. I build my first helmet almost 4 years ago now and I haven't done anything since. I recently located some other cosplayers who are looking to build Mando's and I found my motivation again. Not that Star Wars Celebration Anaheim had anything to do with it! XD

I'm using WOF's templates. I acquired some 6mm Sintra. After cutting the templates, I traced them onto the Sintra using a chalk pencil. Using a bandsaw, I cut the pieces out and used a heatgun to shape them. I finished them off by submerging them in a bucket of water. Here's where I am now.

20151127_2105131_zpsefgyzdxm.jpg

20151202_1521491_zpsioclyjku.jpg

20151202_1523021_zpszfzp445v.jpg

This particular shot was to show spacing, but I hadn't quite shaped the collar plate yet.
20151202_1626491_zpsxe8qkopg.jpg

So I went back after a reshaped it!
20151202_1653301_zps9687ncnc.jpg

I will have the templates for the helmet printed on card stock tomorrow and I'll have the helmet ready for paint by the end of tomorrow night.

All thoughts and criticism is welcome.

Cheers,

Aranar

I Just went a did a sizing reference as per the suggestion of the Mercs, and sure enough, the plates are just a little too wide. I'm going to go shave them down a 1/4 in then ill re-post another size/spacing pic.

I would get your vest before going to far. When you mount it to the vest (even temporarily) will give you a better understanding of exact sizing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back