Finished ESB EE-3 Blaster

MacRory

Hunter
Well I finished my Sidewinder EE-3 kit but this picture seems to be a little dark. I'll have to post some more up this evening when I get home. The Sidewinder kit was absolutely brilliant and easy to work with and the finished product is quite superb. Only I could make it less than its potential :lol: But I believe it came out just fine.

92dcf911.gif

I'm rather proud of the bracket connecting the stock and the main weapon. That was a primer coat, add silver, then this really excellent gun metal color that I applied in drags across the silver with a sponge which darkened it up. Lastly, once everything was dried I took the shine edge of a nail filer and polished it up to look like real metal.

I airbrushed the Heiland holes to and tried to get the stock to look like wood but it didn't nearly resemble some of the other EE-3's I've seen posted although I'm satisfied.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaster Blaster

Active Hunter
Your blaster looks freaking sweet MacRory. I was looking at getting one of Sidewinders' kit. I think you made my decision for me. Please post more pics soon. Congrats on the blaster. Smooth, very smooth.

Sidewinder

Active Hunter
FYI - A real wood Webley stock is 0.56kg, my casting tips the scale at about 0.60kg. It has a foamboard core to keep the weight down nearer to the actual thing.

A real Webley complete weighs in at 3.7kg!!

SAS

MacRory

Hunter
Sidewinder said:
FYI - A real wood Webley stock is 0.56kg, my casting tips the scale at about 0.60kg. It has a foamboard core to keep the weight down nearer to the actual thing.

A real Webley complete weighs in at 3.7kg!!

SAS
Yep yep. This kit is a beauty. Easy to handle. I was able to use an old rifle sling from a .308 I had replaced. I almost believe it to be pretty accurate but alas I didn't get around to taking pictures last night as I had wished.

BTW Sidewinder those pieces you sent were superb. Hope I can get some up close detail shots soon to share. That way we can all marvel at your handy work :cheers

Jimmy BufFETT

Well-Known Hunter
I troop with one that is 6 lbs 9.5 oz (2.54 kg.) I will say that after a few hours, it does begin to get difficult to troop with it ... you'll start feeling the pain in your shoulders.