Finally completed surface prep,

ryan101011

Jr Hunter
Hi everyone,

I have finally completed the surface prep on my helmet, it came to me in a sorry state, had to putty and sand quite a few times, but I am finally done. I feel like this coat is not very accurate though.

mkxf2f.jpg
[/IMG]

2b2pgo.jpg
[/IMG]

I would be worried about that color. I would test some areas before going too far. It looks like chrome paint, and further painting tends to have an issue with adherence to the stuff.
I'd spray some sample pieces of cardboard, then let dry. On one board run on as is, on the second, rough up the surface with some 0000 wire wool. Spray some top coat colors, use some masking fluid, then let cure. Proceed to remove masked layers to observe how adhesion of top coat reacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be worried about that color. I would test some areas before going to far. It looks like chrome paint, and further paints tend to not like adherence to the stuffs I'd spray some sample pieces of cardboard, then let dry. On one board run on as is, on the second, rough up the surface with some 0000 wire wool. Spray some top coat colors, use some masking fluid, then let cure. Proceed to remove masked layers to observe how adhesion of top coats reacts.

Thanks 4 the feed back!

I agree, chrome actually looks kind of cool on a Mando helmet, and I'm definitely getting a Fett Daft Punk vibe here. At the very least, that helmet would look good with a suit! Haha

I agree, chrome actually looks kind of cool on a Mando helmet, and I'm definitely getting a Fett Daft Punk vibe here. At the very least, that helmet would look good with a suit! Haha

that was ecactly what I was going to do if I couldn't get the whole fett finished by my next con

- - - Updated - - -

After painting this, I became motivated to do a phasma!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Guess how I got this... I got a chrome spray can and stuck a straw on the end, and sprayed into my airbrush cup, mixed in some turps and sprayed on, it worked better than most chrome powders!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back