Fibreglass for Vinyl - good trade huh?

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
I hope the title grabbed your attention.

Due to family $$$ issues (who doesn't have them) I sold my new Skygunbro helmet, put most of the money in the family account and bought this little baby on Ebay yesterday morning.
72_1_s.jpg

eb_1_s.jpg

The guy couldn't tell if it said 95 or 96 on the back of the helmet and the auction ended at 8am. In the end, I paid $50 US for what appears to be a DP 95 with green interior. :cheers I'm basing that on the recessed visor which I don't think the 96's had.

The FG helmet was a great piece of work but I think the FG was a bit thicker than the DP95 vinyl and the cheeks of the DP look like they may have been less protruding inside the helmet so I am hoping I can fit this one OK.

I have my paints ready to go as soon as the new helmet arrives and hope to do a decent Jodo Kast conversion to it.

Wish me luck.

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
Not sure on the inside dimensions of the MSH or MSH2, but I highly recommend the Mystery Helmet for inner space. I used to wear glasses, and could barely fit the helmet over the frames.

The inside of the MH is roomier than either my old DP'95 or my DP Deluxe recast.

I know your funds are low, but when you back on your feet, I highly recommend it. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "it is so choice." :)

Foxbatkllr

Well-Known Hunter
The MSH2 is surprisingly small on the inside (from back to front). My cheeks rub the inside when I put the helmet on to the same degree as my DP 95.

Jodo Kast 3

Well-Known Hunter
Jodo,

I say go fiberglass again. Its like a drug, once you`ve had one, you want more. I`m just not sure which one is big enough, but I`m sure the members here will chime in and let you know your options.

Baddblood

Active Hunter
I don't have a mystery helmet, but I have a feeling that eventually one will be a part of my collection... Anyway, from what i hear it has plenty of room.
I Do have a MSH and a MSH-2 and those have plenty of room for yer noggin plus all the little toys you might want to put in them. :)
MLC-1 is an obviously large helmet, I'd love to see a comparison of it and maybe a MSH-1 or 2. Or at least get some of it's dimentions down. :)

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
Well, size wise the problem I had with my FG bucket was my forehead couldn't get past the cheek areas. The problem was solved witha 15 degree twist but I think the issue might be that the helmet was a dp 95 recast that had been given extra flare. I was paying for the extra flare in that the helmet wasn't as deep now from front to back. I had tons of room around my ears but was a little shy arounf the face. An awesome cast for sure but just not best suited to my head.