Fettastic FPH2 ESB Paintup for Noir Shadow TX-23701

Fettastic

Active Hunter
Hey Team,
I'm starting a progress Paintup for Kyle (Noir Shadow) TX-23701. I'm really excited to help him with his ESB Boba Fett build starting with his Bucket.

Where we're at currently:

IMG_11871.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Team!
Had to work on other things but I'm at it again. Resurrecting this thread with updates...

This one is going to be a pretty standard paint up. Starting with the back panels...

Concrete color airbrushed and drawn out.
Cropped IMG_0382.JPG Cropped IMG_0383.JPG

Concrete layer masked off. I like to use tape for large areas to save on masking fluid.
Cropped IMG_0384.JPG Cropped IMG_0385.JPG

Last edited:
Airbrushed the deep sea blue. Tightened up some edges and added the dark accents. I also like to do some weathering layers in between before I lay down the silver damage. This way the silver doesn't become too too dull after all the weathering is said and done.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Started laying down some silver damage topically.

Cropped IMG_0432.JPG Cropped IMG_0434.JPG

Topically adding some of the gray and light gray/blue damage.

Cropped IMG_0437.JPG Cropped IMG_0438.JPG Cropped IMG_0439.JPG Cropped IMG_0444.JPG

Last edited:
Airbrushed on the base green, base red, and black for the upper cheeks.

Cropped IMG_0466.JPG

Started topically applying the silver and gray damage to the dome starting with the cat scratch.

Cropped FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (5).jpg Cropped FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Last edited:
Small update...

I worked on the front damage above and around the "turning signal" arrows but I left some small details out. I'll wait until I line up the hat band and mandible damage to make sure everything is in the right place before I add those smaller details near the band.
Cropped IMG_0482.JPG Cropped IMG_0484.JPG

I also worked on the iconic dent area. I'll wait to add the base gray/blue damage until after I've weathered and shaped the major dent and scratch damage. This way it will accentuate and give a bit more dimension as it appears in reference photos.
Cropped IMG_0492.JPG Cropped IMG_0493.JPG

Killstripe Success!!! I'll elaborate a bit for this post since the killstripes seem to give a lot of people trouble.

For me, this part always stresses me out. I'll test the yellow on a practice swatch that has the dome green on it, but when I see the freshly painted yellow on the stripes compared to the yellow on the surrounding masking tape, it always plays tricks in my head and I start second guessing myself. Especially with fading the stripes on the end to orange. Because everything is taped off, you can't judge the color balance and contrast very well until you take off the masking tape and see the colors side by side...if you get it wrong you have to mask everything off again and make changes. Important thing is, practice, make a decision, and trust your instincts.

My method for painting the stripes is quite basic. I use masking tape that I've cut and make sure that each stripe is the same size rectangle and to scale for the helmet. after the stripes are masked off to perfect rectangles (with the exceptions of a couple that need to be mis-shaped a bit) I use masking fluid to draw out some of the damage and imperfections. I make sure to spend extra time taping off the stripes and making sure I have a really, really good seal. Then I'll airbrush a very very light mist of the yellow mix and let it dry and get tacky. Once it's dried for a while I'll go ahead and lay down the "first" coat. I find yellow paint to be the runniest most messy paint out there and will find it's way into any crack and crevice. The key is to take your time.

Cropped IMG_0512.JPG Cropped IMG_0507.JPG Cropped IMG_0510.JPG

Made some progress on the Killstripe side of the dome including the "tape pull" section and "broccoli" damage.

Cropped Killstripes tape pull 2.jpg IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0543.JPG Cropped Killstripes tape pull.jpg

Started to move back over to the cat scratch side and do the "arrow" damage above the cat scratch.

Cat Sractch and arrow 2.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back