ESB SIDEARM BUILD for Danzofett

dansam

Hunter
Hi everyone, as you know I've been selling the 3d printed kits, I'm now working on one for Danzofett, finished one, thought i would post my progress

Ok so im printing at high res so we get a good print, I've finished the barrel and moving on to the body will post when starting

IMG_1999.jpgIMG_2002.jpgIMG_2004.jpgIMG_2006.jpgIMG_2009.jpg

Whilst waiting for the prints -
IMG_2014.jpgIMG_2015.jpgIMG_2023.jpg
I managed to get the barrel weathered using a pale burnt metal and a burnt iron chroma
IMG_2016.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2020.jpgIMG_2021.jpgIMG_2022.jpgIMG_2024.jpg

You're casting these parts? I thought at first you were using the lost wax technique. I am just starting to play with casting for the knives I make. Without telling any of your trade secrets, am I right or wrong? Looks good!

Well just tried fitting some more in whilst doing other stuff, I have primed with filler primer, smoothed and now layer the first coat of gloss white which i use for the undercoat when chroming,
IMG_2034.jpgIMG_2039.JPG

Well fitting in bits as i can so all chroming and weathering complete just need to paint the main body i will be using hull red its a nice reddy brown colour
IMG_2046.jpgIMG_2048.JPGIMG_2049.jpgIMG_2050.JPGIMG_2051.JPG

How did you weather it? The paint job looked awesome. What 3d printer is that? I'm starting to look into getting one, but there are so many, I don't know which ones are actually good.

Hi mate i use a UP! 3d printer, i find the smaller the build area the better the printer, i weathered the metal using different metalizers from alclad trying to achieve a scorched metal look

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back