Esb paintup for steamboatphan

dynamic1

Active Hunter
Alright boys and girls...Its been a while as i've been working on my TFA FO kit. Well, needless to say...i'm happy to be back! Funny story, and another reason why the SW community of nerds are so great. Through the duration of my FO build I had been messaging back and forth (as we all do during a WIP) w/ a generous member over on the FISD forum of course sharing notes, tips etc... During the course of a conversation we were having about a week ago he explains to me that he wanted to put together a Fett (I know right ; ) and that he had collected/ acquired some pieces and was basically beginning his journey. About a day later I get another message...this time, super excited he says..." hey are you the "dynamic1" that painted armor for "nemesis"?! He further explained that nemesis had decided to keep his FETT as a bust and offered him the lower portion for purchase....HA.....AND SO begins my ESB paint-up for my good buddy from CHI-town, 501st member and newbie on this amazing forum we call TDH.....welcome Steamboatphan!

NOW, lets get moving! Over the past few days I've been able to squeeze in some trimming/ prep work that we all know and love:wacko. This kit is from RS props and a super nice kit at that. The weight is equivelant to the FP V.3 as well as RKD's V.2's Ive worked on. Here is a shot in order to get us going....Over the weekend I will go ahead and lay down the primer as well as the base silver. Stay tuned....

Evan prep Collage.jpg

what up! I'm super excited to see the progression on this Brian! Making a stormtrooper kit is a walk in the park compared to Mr Fett. dis gonna be goooood!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A

Alright, after a slammed week I was able to make some headway. Got the slots trimmed out, the initial stencil down, followed by masking and the SP Lark! Will stencil that out tomorrow and move onto the green.....

Backplate Collage1.JPG

Backplate1.JPG

Ok...Quick update...Was able to lay down my base green just before leaving for the SW half Marathon. After returning on Monday the US medium was applied and masking removed this evening. Will smooth out, CC... and its on to the collar...

IMG_4684.JPG

Was able to make lots of headway...just one more top coat of the US Med for the chest, diamond, ab and collar along with the chest decal and weathering ofcourse. The shoulder bells will get the assumed yellows, oranges and misting along with the decal as well....should have this done and shipped out this week...final pics to follow.

a08548ad12b2c07d8e25f721d9ae5ab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Alright...another one in the books....just a tad bit more weathering and she's done!...shipping out Monday!

cf9987b04bfd883c967ec7ce73282663.jpg

eed23fd7e54e050922b6509db0f9fe8f.jpg

76a595ebc33d8485473636287d11cde6.jpg

6e893184da61b2624b1416777e3bb267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back