ESB Helmet - RichardJones

RichardJones

Active Hunter
So I have been gathering stuff for some time, and I completed most of the airbrush/prep work over the summer. I thought it was a good time to post some of my progress so far.

I was super lucky and received a FPH2 ESB from Chris. Super light, thin and strong, whether you like this helmet or not, it was a great helmet to work on.
20170215_164635.jpg 20170215_165030.jpg 20170215_203431.jpg 20170215_203616.jpg

Last edited:
I have been collecting all the parts needed for a full ESB film style interior. I have everything needed for the interior:
Mq-1 circuit board, vintage Duracell batteries, 4x AA battery holder, custom made rangefiner light circuit board, correct wiring, custom made wire clip, chin strap and strapping, real borden and aluminum milled borden, real rangefinder camera lens, real custom made helmet liner, aluminum visor clips, range finder light kit w/Micro switch, Hollow aluminum rangefinder stalk, superjedi ear decals, and a mix of humbrol, polyscale vintage paints.

20170210_184943.jpg

20171216_130755.jpg

20171216_130806.jpg

20171216_130822.jpg

20171216_130834.jpg

20171216_130857.jpg

20171216_130908.jpg

20171216_130923.jpg

20171216_130936.jpg

20171216_130944.jpg

Where did you pick up the helmet liner? I have been trying to find one myself.

These helmet cradles are found in several old models of climbing helmet but the most numerous are the Joe Brown models. At least two other brands used these. There's one on ebay right now. Search for 'climbing helmet' and filter to the used ones. You shouldn't be paying more than thirty quid tops.

These helmet cradles are found in several old models of climbing helmet but the most numerous are the Joe Brown models. At least two other brands used these. There's one on ebay right now. Search for 'climbing helmet' and filter to the used ones. You shouldn't be paying more than thirty quid tops.

Thanks, intwenothor. I sent you a pm.

Looking good man!
Thanks brother!!

Where did you pick up the helmet liner? I have been trying to find one myself.
The liner is from a "Joe Brown Mountain climbing helmet". The black strapping is custom made and sewn using the correct webbing. The white string comes from a Joe Brown Helmet as well. i can take ZERO credit for finding this liner, intwenothor has a great found thread on the liner.

*Edit - Thanks Andy, I didn't refresh my page before posting!

Last edited:
Thanks brother!!

The liner is from a "Joe Brown Mountain climbing helmet". The black strapping is custom made and sewn using the correct webbing. The white string comes from a Joe Brown Helmet as well. i can take ZERO credit for finding this liner, intwenothor has a great found thread on the liner.

*Edit - Thanks Andy, I didn't refresh my page before posting!

Thanks as well. I did find the other thread finally. I'm not planning on doing a screen accurate interior but want to keep my options open!

Another approach I have been considering are foam liners for helmets, like this.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075D9NL5W/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?psc=1

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back