ESB Gaunts color ?

22ssplt

Active Hunter
Ok peeps. First time painting some ESB gauntlets. I'm not a pro with humbrol paints yet so I'm seeking out the best colors for the green in rattlecan. Unless someone has a better color, I'm going with rustoleum spruce green. Let hear em?!

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
yea for rattle can spruce green is your best bet. humbrol I use #78...a as you saw in my recent thread, I add some white to it for the top of the right gaunt :)

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
:cheers ...I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MLS

pistolpete7408

New Hunter
well this is a year old post but would love to see the results of your decision, I'm about to paint my own ESB gaunts and I'm leaninf towards moss green and if I feel is too light I can always mist with spruce, but some how I've always perceived the gaunts to be lighter green than the armor, closer to the dome/cheeks green....

Darth Voorhees

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
You are correct. I do the dome/cheeks on my helmets and the gauntlets both with Humbrol #78. I add a tocuh of white to the #78 to do the top of the right gauntlet as it gives it that faded look you see in the ESB promo pics :) The armor i mix #76 & #78. Weathering does change the tone a lot though from the helmet to the gauntlets.