esb gauntlets paint details

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
esb gaunts paint details

well i got these pics from TDH somewhere, Is that black square on the left gaunt just a black square or a push button like the small one on the side of right gaunt?

and from what I can see the keypad button colours are 2 rows silver, 2 rows blue, 1 row red...right?

esb black square.jpg

esb keypad.jpg

cal196

Well-Known Hunter
This has probubly been answered so many times everyone is burnt out.

Last edited by a moderator:

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
well then what are the awnsers? I couldn't find them around here...

Slowmo

Active Hunter
I've actually never noticed that before. I don't have a black spot there on my ESB gauntlets though I'm needing an upgrade on them sometime soon.

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
hmmm... I have a black spot now aswell... but thats just it, is it a black spot... or a push button?? hmmm... gues a spot will do for now...:p

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
I haven't looked at the gauntlet's in awhile, but I do believe it's a raised portion of the gauntlet painted black to look like a button- not a physical button like we see on the inside of the right gauntlet.

In regard to the painted numbers on the MQ-1, I've researched that in the past and I am very skeptical that the numbers are painted. The Mq-1 buttons are extremely reflective and can produce a "painted" effect under various lighting conditions.

However, this is simply my opinion, as definite reference is lacking to prove the issue one way or the other.

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
I see what you mean... DAMN that lack of reference for ESB...

And I'll stick with a black square then...

an whats up with the "orange" on the flamethrower, wich appears red in some pics? (I know , I know, 20 year old photo/film footage under different lighting etc etc... its still frustrating :p )

keypad.jpg

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
Actually, the photo in the bottom left corner in the above image is a great example of why I think the buttons are not painted: you would never be able to get ALL the buttons to reflect like that if they were painted.

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
yups... but isnt it possible their done with some brght shiny paint? or that theres a shiny layer over the entire keyad?

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
:) hmmm... but the rotj version was painted right?
so ESB was just plain simple metal look (shiny), rotj was with the red an blue buttons...