ESB Gauntlet pics?

VIARPE

Hunter
Hi everyone,
I got my ESB Gauntlets from Bobamaker a few weeks ago and they are great!!!! (although I wasn't totally pleased with the lack of right side small rockets)
I now have to paint them haha.
I have been looking for good pictures of the ESB gauntlets but it seems like 90% of the site's pics section are ROTJ pics. Does anyone know a great source for this?
Or should I just stick to one of those paint templates that I remember are arround somewhere on the forum?
Also, do you think a hobby airbrush and Tamiya paint is totally requeried? I don't think they used that for the film... I was thinking of using a car-sprayer... I know how to use hobby airbrush and I even have one but I'm lacking a compressor, the one I used to use was from a modelling club I was in but I'm moved away from that city and lost contact with them... It seems like otherwise I'm gonna have to buy a damn compressor.
Thanks!!!

Vicente.

for the gauntlet painting, if you had to, you could get away with Rustoleum Satin Moss Green rattle can, then topically apply the gray and silver damage and weather with some light misting of flat black spray paint. very light misting, the ESB gauntlets aren't nearly as filthy as ROTJ. as everyone already said, the ESB gallery is definitely your best bet for any guidance on accurately finishing them.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanx for the replies guys.
As I stated on the main question, of course I've checked the gallery section extensively but there are no detail close pics on the gauntlets :p
I am interested, redkraytdragon! do you have pics/price? Also, I live in Chile if that is any kind of shipping issue.
Also, does anyone know what is every piece of the gauntlet supposed to actually do? is it cannon in some Hidalgo book? lol
Thx again!

for the gauntlet painting, if you had to, you could get away with Rustoleum Satin Moss Green rattle can, then topically apply the gray and silver damage and weather with some light misting of flat black spray paint.

What do you mean by "topical"? I've seen it said in the past on airbrushing sites but I'm not sure what that means. Eng isn't my primary language and wordreference doesn't seem to solve this. Thanx.

What do you mean by "topical"? I've seen it said in the past on airbrushing sites but I'm not sure what that means. Eng isn't my primary language and wordreference doesn't seem to solve this. Thanx.

no worries! by topical, i mean with a paint brush.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back