General ESB Fett paint help

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by RedBeard, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:59 AM.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard Jr Member

I'm getting ready to paint my armor and helmet, but can't find an updated list of correct paint colors that are actually available. I have the 'paint by numbers' picture that uses all the Humbrol paints, but even they don't carry some of the ones on the list anymore. Although I do appreciate the 'check out my build blog' responses, unless it shows what colors are used and if they're still available...its not much help. Thanks!

2. lancer

lancer New Member

Curious as to where you were looking to purchase paints? I was able to secure every color from the “paint by numbers” list as recently as about 6 weeks ago.

3. RedBeard

RedBeard Jr Member

Humbrol.com. After not finding about four of them, I tried other sites. Where did you get yours?

4. lancer

lancer New Member

I ordered the majority from Humbrol, the ones they did not stock I was able to get at modelmerchants.com for the same price.

RedBeard likes this.
  5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Member

This won't help if you're set on using only humbrol, but I'm attaching a pdf that cross references most of the discontinued floquil/pollyscale colors with the current versions and current manufacturers. Hope it helps.
    J

Attached Files:

6. RedBeard

RedBeard Jr Member

I'm more than happy to use an equivalent brand. Thank you!

7. RedBeard

RedBeard Jr Member

Found all of them, thanks for the info.

8. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

I did a writeup on where I had to deviate from paint by numbers humbrol guide. I will try to find it.

RedBeard likes this.