ESB conversion to ROTJ

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Well conversion fully under way. I have removed the metal barrel and greeblies from my ESB scratch built and lowered the scope mounts. I extended the PVC barrel and have started to add the rubber strips (also attempted to make the front cone). Still waiting on ROTJ greeblies though.

At the moment i have painted it matt black and the plan is to dust it light grey, give it a couple of black washes and the add the rust spots.

enjoy.

Oh btw the rubber strips don't quite meet but they only cost me approx $5 so i'm not complaining :)

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg


12.jpg
 

mandalore697

Active Hunter
Great work mate, glad to see it's come so far in such a short time. Even happier to see you didn't get rid of such a great scratchbuild!!
 

Prymer13

Well-Known Hunter
I gotta say bro...I am SO glad that you didn't get rid of this thing! The base gun and receiver are awesome! I was going to suggest that you convert, but great minds think alike.

It will be so much more satisfying to be able to keep the blaster that you spent so much time building..from scratch no less.

Looks great! Can't wait to see more.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
I gotta say bro...I am SO glad that you didn't get rid of this thing! The base gon and receiver are awesome! I was going to suggest that you convert, but great minds think alike.

It will be so much more satisfying to be able to keep the blaster that you spent so much time building..from scratch no less.

Looks great! Can't wait to see more.

Cheers Prymer

those comments are really kind :)

"My day made that has" in the tone of Yoda :lol:
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
$5 for rubber grips ? please share where you got those for that price :) :cheers

PS conversion is looking real good :eek:

The rubber strips are sourced from a place in Norwich, UK called 'Walkers Rubber'. They are ok BUT they are only 9mm wide. Also the 'T' section is 40mm tall so they need trimming (only takes about 15 minutes for all the strips though). So all in all I saved myself about $35 for about 20 minutes worth of work.
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Well she is finally finished. I have left the stock the natural wood colour it is as that is what i like and it shows the blaster is scratch built and individually mine :)

I dusted the matt black with a dark grey coat and then went over the whole thing again with a light grey over coat. I then splattered the rifle with a black rattle can and a light grey rattle can (by giving literally a half second burst on the can, i created a splatter affect).

The rust was achieved by mixing brown and orange paint. Then watering it down and letting it run into the cracks etc. I also dabbed it on with my finger to create splodge areas.

see what you think

1.jpg


2.jpg


3.jpg


4.jpg


5.jpg
 
Top