ESB Boba Fett WIP Wilmington NC

Hello,
Been on TDH for weeks just reading up, contacting vendors, asking for advice, etc...

Putting together my very first of anything but its a ESB Boba Fett...
Purchases range from EE3, Pulce with Holster, Cape, Braids, Shin Tools, Gloves, Boots, Girth Belt, etc..

Next is getting sized up this weekend for neck seal, flight suit, and ammo belt...

On a 2-3 Month Hold for Wasted Fett Jet Pack, Helmet, Armor, Gauntlets to be painted by Lane Creative...

Overwhelmed how complicated this project is even for me that is having the experts do a lot of the real tough work.

Any words of wisdom etc is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Wilmington NC USA

Good luck Michael. Fett is a tough road but it's worth it. Painting is easily the hardest part, without it your work is pretty easy. Just gotta collect parts and get lots of 2 part epoxy!

Thanks... now it’s the long wait of months for my Arkady flight suit and Wasted Fett armor etc..
Until then I try to study up on weathering and just figuring out how to put this all together ...

Update on what I have gotten:
Cape and Braids in...
Shin Tools..
Jetpack harness with clips..
Chest digital display...
Beacon light..
Servo Kit..
Ammo Belt..
Girth Belt..
two sets of gloves...

Had to do a payment dispute over a EE3... got a refund... now waiting for the Sidewinder EE3... outside TDH guy is a jerk on the Pulce 40 with Holster combo... i am guessing payment dispute and refund on that.

Cannot seem to get the armor, jetpack, helmet, gauntlets over to the paint commission... like I keep getting lost in the shuffle? Very frustrating...

Arkady flight suit still a month out....

Tons of cash out with very little to show for it... vendors do not like to communicate or update.

Considered last night posting up what I got so far on Cargo Hold and refunding on all pending orders and throwing in the towel

Sorry to hear about things. I have learned in my year or so around here that if you go into this expecting everything in a few weeks, you're going to be disappointed. This is a complicated costume requiring many parts, and a majority of these prop makers create things in their spare time, so patience is something you require more than just a hefty wallet.

Some vendors craft things, then open a run for sale. Others require interest and payments to buy materials before a run can start and involved some waiting. And others are so well-known for their workmanship that everyone goes to them and there is significant lead time for their services, Sidewinder being a good example of the latter.

If this costume and hobby is worth it to you, my advice would be to give these truly talented people some time to do their thing and you'll be happy that you did in the end.

It is frustrating... I am working on my patience- well trying.
I’m not going to call out any by name of course but a big part of the project seems to keep forgetting me and it’s like I have to start this over and over again with that one.
If I got that one part down to where I felt like it was moving I wouldn’t be so discouraged.

Patience is the key.

I've learned that a 3-5 month turnaround is pretty standard for a single costume item. I am in my 4th month of waiting on a piece myself for my costume. It was difficult for me when I first started because I had the idea that when I ordered something it would show up within a couple weeks similar to ordering something though Amazon. I was sorely mistaken. Often vendors are doing this as a hobby after their regular day job or only on weekends in their free time. You have commissioned some very well know vendors so don't expect your order to be the only order those folks are dealing with.

I had to re-adjust my expectations for turnaround times and accept that this was going to be a slow build (and Im just building a Jango). Some people here spend years building their Fett suit and they will say that they still aren't finished. The community here is great and no1 wants to see you lose hope and give up.

A trick I learned was that after I received my first part, I was able to stay busy and feel productive by working on that one part all the way to completion while I was waiting on other parts to be delivered. I see you have the shin tools and those require some assembling, painting and weathering. You could focus all your attention on those for the time being making them look super awesome while you are in limbo with your other stuff. Don't give up man. (y)

Copy that.. I had to vent- just one day with two big parts of this project just spinning wheels.
I am spoiled in the world of instock items, customer service, tracking updates, etc etc.

Last edited:
Update...

Items received:
Girth Belt
Ammo Belt
Jetpack harness, divers buckle, clips
cape
Wookie braids
1- pair MoW Boots and 1- pair Imperial Boots (seems I paid too much for MoW boots... Imperial came with toe spikes and they seem exactly the same) not sure?
Mike M Gloves- awesome
MoW Gloves- not so much
Shin Tools
Chest Display
Bucket fans
Servo Kit

Outside TDH vendor-Pulce 40/Holster combo... paid to have completed assembled and painted- the guy sent it in pieces and I had to sand down Resin mold which was still rough after my work but better.. and got the right color paint... starting to actually look decent but a lesson learned. If it wasn't the long wait and shipped from Europe I would have disputed payment... lesson is be patient and stick to the tested pros.

Arkady Flight suit is on the way.. got an email of shipment- of course I missed that I have to get it the right color so I am researching the blue/grey Rite Dye strategy.... already bought the paints for the Boot weathering and Suit weathering so those are the next projects once all the paints come in.

Outside TDH EE3 coming from Belgium.... my guess it will be like the Pulce 40.. but funny part is he gave me a refund back in March but still shipped it...from Europe? Guess he screwed that one up.
have a pending TDH EE3 also that I am sure will be the professional grade.

Wasted Fett helmet, jetpack, armor, gauntlets paid for but pending waiting for the paint commission to start- no ETA on that.

Other little things I am sure not mentioned and the purchasing is finally at an end (exception paint commission)... so progress and a feeling now that its a reality versus a few weeks back as I was pondering on WTF I was doing and why...

9F515D19-C258-44B7-9147-06A77EE23A28.png

Main items still pending:
EE3 paid for but no ETA
Helmet, Armor, Gaunts, Jetpack.. paid as far as the parts but in line for commission- Wasted Fett Hero- Lane Creative Paint
EC6FA847-7368-461B-80A9-D07AB09CBA52.jpeg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back