ESB Armor paint up for Donut Fett

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Working on some Empire strikes Back armor for Donut Fett. Hero sized from Wasted Fett.

FE21BBAD-89D4-4A81-9761-78A2393CE22D.jpegE56EF1B4-CDEF-4468-8C34-B8908C71A12A.jpeg

Looking great so far! May I ask what paints you are using? I love basing my armor with Duplicolor silver. So smooth and has a semi flat finish so it take the liquid masking well. I love the first layers you have laid down.
Do you mind breaking down what techniques you use?

Work continues. I’m going to touch up a few areas on the abdomen and left chest plate as a few areas are too dark in my liking.
CAF37369-5A11-4D22-9939-4C896BE8955D.jpeg

Looking great so far! May I ask what paints you are using? I love basing my armor with Duplicolor silver. So smooth and has a semi flat finish so it take the liquid masking well. I love the first layers you have laid down.
Do you mind breaking down what techniques you use?

Thanks! Right now I’m using a mixture of model masters and tamiya. Hopefully soon I’ll experiment with archive x.

After trimming I usually clean the armor and give it a slight sanding before I hit it with tamiya primer. Then silver and after it dries I stencil and mask. I’m trying to get that depth with the grayish green and grey weathering. I went a little over board on the abdomen and left plate but I’m going to go back and balance it out a bit.

Looks amazing! We'll done man, im loving it! I too am looking forward to experimenting with the new archive x acrylics, as I only like airbrushing acrylics ( still wear a respirator guys and gals, not good for your lungs, but it doesn't smell as bad!).

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back