eFX PCR Boba Fett Helmet

BudaFett

Hi I’m Bobert!
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
Interesting sneak peak!

1:1 Boba Fett Replica Helmet
Despite limited screen time and even less dialogue, Boba Fett has grown to be one of the most iconic characters from the Star Wars saga. With his customized Mandalorian armour, deadly weaponry, and silent demeanour, Boba Fett is a true galactic legend.
EFX are pleased to announce the release of their 1:1 Precision Crafted Replica of Boba Fett’s iconic helmet. As like the screen used helmet the EFX version features a moving range finder which features functional LED’s as well as all the battle scars from previously collected bounty’s!
Features:
1:1 Replica
Functional LED Range Finder
High quality ABS & machined Aluminum construction
Master patterns cast from the screen used helmet
Certificate of authenticity
Contact your local dealer for further details and to order.

Mehh I’ll beleive it when I see it. And even then it likely wont be anything too special in terms of accuracy outside of the base helmet. My understanding is that even with the proposed LE fiberglass version that will likely never see the light of day that the buckets been very cleaned up and somewhat idealized from the actual ESB hero casting and a lot of features that are unique to the ESB buck like the crack and cheek bulge that are now gone, which is a damn shame... that and there is likely a fair bit of shrinkage between Hero and however many generations of helmet molds they ended up doing before end product

It is rather interesting though that EFX lately seems to be resorting to offering these cheap PCR options of their most desired potential products rather than actually making the things people want most available

Last edited:
I've read £850 - £950. I've contacted this company to find out more information regarding this item. For me the interest in this item is the overall shape and size. It'll be interesting to see what impact the manufacturing process will have had on that. The paint job is low down the list for me; no mass produced item will rival individual effort in that department.

Correction.

Screenshot_20190321-123156_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not a bad price at all.
I agree. I paid £450 for the MR SE in 2007/08, bizarrely the LE was more expensive, and adjusted for inflation that would be around six hundred quid today. Given the pound is pretty weak against the dollar right now it is reasonable to think the US price won't be a million miles from here, probably 500 to 600 dollars. Obviously the MR was fibreglass but, as I've stated elsewhere, it's the overall size and shape that I'm interested in with this product. They could make it out of cheese for all I care.

Edit: now seen someone else offering at £470!

Last edited:
I don't know if EFX will be at Celebration but if they are I'll for sure take a look at this and make any judgements and such. This was talked about at SDCC when the paint master was first shown off. Its a BUDGET helmet. So nitpicking about the bulge, the crack etc, is a moot point. The price point that Bryan was aiming for was in the $400-500 US range. Which as I told him would be unreal in terms of a fett helmet for the casual fan. I get tons of requests to paint helmets and casual fans Balk at the cost of a raw cast let alone a finished kit. They don't care about the bulge, the cracks, the dent being CORRECT. The MR helmet while decent from 10 ft away, is hot garbage in terms of accuracy. The visor area is 1/4' thick! its pinched, the dent is wrong, the mandibles are wrong, the dome is wrong, the paint is stamped on (like this helmet and its not the ESB paint scheme) the list goes on... but its still a nice collectors piece. And will hold its value I think.

I don't know if EFX will be at Celebration but if they are I'll for sure take a look at this and make any judgements and such. This was talked about at SDCC when the paint master was first shown off. Its a BUDGET helmet. So nitpicking about the bulge, the crack etc, is a moot point. The price point that Bryan was aiming for was in the $400-500 US range. Which as I told him would be unreal in terms of a fett helmet for the casual fan. I get tons of requests to paint helmets and casual fans Balk at the cost of a raw cast let alone a finished kit. They don't care about the bulge, the cracks, the dent being CORRECT. The MR helmet while decent from 10 ft away, is hot garbage in terms of accuracy. The visor area is 1/4' thick! its pinched, the dent is wrong, the mandibles are wrong, the dome is wrong, the paint is stamped on (like this helmet and its not the ESB paint scheme) the list goes on... but its still a nice collectors piece. And will hold its value I think.
Yes please let us know how it looks if they bring it. Would love to hear opinions on it from those that have actually seen it. My referring to the Bulge, crack etc being removed was actually in reference to the LE fiberglass one, that's unfortunately been confirmed to have been sanitized, but I would assume this carried over to the PCR as well. I dont think you'll ever hear anyone make any claims about the MR production helmets being anything but a hot mess. The differences between the prototypes and the finished product is just dumbfounding... I do feel however feel that the MR prototype/premium in the hands of the great folks here is currently the most accurate base helmet available in terms of general shape and size to the true helmets and isn't that difficult to convert to ESB or ROTJ respectively

I'm sure the Legend will be less sanitized than the PCR. I'm wondering if these were cleaned off to make the cast and painting easier at the price point and to tell between the Legend and PCR.

I'm new to the whole efx scene and I did place my preorder on this helmet today. With that being said can someone explain to me the differences between a legend, pcr, etc! Also, based on what I've seen I don't know if i'll cancel my order since its unknown when they will release this legend edition you guys speak of.

BFFC posted a longer video on youtube. EfX said that the ears will be machined aluminum with a movable rangefinder. The light sequence he said match the lights in the screen used helmet which he said they powered up. At $379, this thing is going to sell FAST.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back