DVH (7CS) Jetpack scratch build (2015 updates!)

Thanks man. This is ALOT of work lol. But i wanted to really show people how much is involved in making something like this and then molding and casting it. It also helps folks understand why these things cost what they do. The amount of time and money put inot doing this is alot, but i think its worth it in the end.

For me personally, i think this will be incredibly rewarding, and being able to cast my own parts, helps me with achieving one of my goals of owning both ESB and ROTJ Fetts, as well as a custom. This gear is my favorite of all of my costumes so having as many variations of it as i can will be epic for me. Being able to make some the most expensive parts myself, and paint them, will save me in the long run. Bonus is, i can offer these parts to members here, on the 501st bounty hunters guild, and on the Mandalorian Mercs boards to help share my passion for Fett :)

Ok so been working on this in between paint layers on helmet commissions....Here is some work on the lower tank cap master...
100_9551_zpswxfdhk2p.jpg

100_9552_zpsfbfvoz16.jpg

Here is the resin ball i carved the details into attached to a cone covered in bondo lol. The cone was a cast of a plastic champagne glass..i didnt like the shape so i added bondo to it to make it a bit wider on the bottom. Im pretty happy with it now.
100_9541_zpsd9cdtlsg.jpg

I got a casting out of the mold for the main body and have been tweaking it up..sharpening corners and straightening things out. The main body is near done.
100_9554_zps8oskx3tn.jpg

100_9514_zpsxyobvk1z.jpg

100_9515_zps5ilm5njl.jpg

Here is a shot with the rocket ring and the lower part of the rocket sitting in place., along wiht the top cap and the thruster sitting on a spray paint cap to get it around the proper ehight. The lower rocket is still the solo cup master..i need to mold it and cast one and take about 1/2" off the top still.
100_9557_zpsknhfp0u3.jpg

here is a halfast assembly. The upper rocket is still a little rough and needs to be cleaned up still..it also isnt all the way through the collar (which is an old resin MOW collar just for this mock up) as the lower rocket is still the cup and has no hole in it. I just wanted to get a feel for what it will look like togther...so far..im pretty happy with it.
100_9563_zpssr0k4awm.jpg

Attachments

• 100_9551_zpswxfdhk2p.jpg
    100_9551_zpswxfdhk2p.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_9552_zpsfbfvoz16.jpg
    100_9552_zpsfbfvoz16.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_9541_zpsd9cdtlsg.jpg
    100_9541_zpsd9cdtlsg.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_9554_zps8oskx3tn.jpg
    100_9554_zps8oskx3tn.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_9563_zpssr0k4awm.jpg
    100_9563_zpssr0k4awm.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_9557_zpsknhfp0u3.jpg
    100_9557_zpsknhfp0u3.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_9515_zps5ilm5njl.jpg
    100_9515_zps5ilm5njl.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_9514_zpsxyobvk1z.jpg
    100_9514_zpsxyobvk1z.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
thank you..i try lol.

..maybe this is why lol...i was staring at these pics again and noticed a couple of more tweaks i could do easily, so im gonna do that sometime next week. The left fuel tank front panel is a little bit short, the tank itself MAY be a little too tall, im gonna have to check it (angles/scale on the real deal and mine are slightly different/off and may be distorting what im looking at) and the top fuel tank cap needs to be flatter.
fix_zpsm7uavfio.jpg

Attachments

• fix_zpsm7uavfio.jpg
    fix_zpsm7uavfio.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 194
This bad boy is just about done now. i'll post some pics in the next few days. Main body is in rubber again, as is the back panel for it. thrusters are done, rocket parts are done just need to finish the piano keys and mold them and i will fianlly be able to cast myself a Jetpack...this is very exciting lol

Ok so this is the first cast. Was a slight learning curve with the casting as i never cast a jetpack before, but i just did the repairs on it as this will be my personal pack and i already resolved that casting issue :)

the thrusters are what i will be using, but are technically prototypes, as the ones with the kit will have a slightly longer cone and the correct "square" section on the front around the directional piece. The Thrusters are also just siting in the slots for them right now cuz i havent cut the door off the back yet. lol The mteal pieces shown are Dark-sides parts. The kits will come with resin parts that i fabricated, nbot the dark-side parts, but upgrading to Dark-sides parts will be a snap.

The bottom caps for the tanks will be attched in the next couple of days as well.

I'll be molding the 2 rocket parts for the final molds in the next day or so. the ones pictured are the first casts off the fabricated parts and have been cleaned up, which is why they arent primed yet.

I'll be posting a thread for some orders shortly. I will not be doing these all the time, so if your interested now is the time as i likely wont do more until the spring.

Anyway...onto the pics!
100_9904_zpsw5vuuvsv.gif

100_9905_zpsocs5al0h.gif

100_9898_zpsjji4bdxv.gif

Attachments

• 100_9898_zpsjji4bdxv.gif
    100_9898_zpsjji4bdxv.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_9905_zpsocs5al0h.gif
    100_9905_zpsocs5al0h.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_9904_zpsw5vuuvsv.gif
    100_9904_zpsw5vuuvsv.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for the info its really helpful, i have some other questions that i was hoping you might can answer, if its ok ill be sending you a Private Message with the Q´s that i have, thank you

do you have some kind of email where i can send them i just tried to PM you a whole bible with the questions that i had but the forum didnt let me do it foe some reason

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back