Dusting Off my 20 Year old Boba Fett

Radioman1017

New Hunter
Hello all,

New to the site!

Yesterday, I pulled my almost 20 year old Boba Fett costume out of a box. I purchased most of the pieces from Mark Bradley's "Build Your Own Boba Fett" site. I was doing mornings at a Radio station at the time and built this for our listener Halloween party. Yes, I know this is not up to the standards of any club. It was more of a hobby project for me but I think I have a good base to rebuild from.

I need to start rebuilding this so I'll probably be hanging out a lot here. I'm a full blown 3D printer enthusiast and have two printers: a 6x6x6 inch bed Printrbot Simple Metal and a 10x10x10 inch bed Printrbot Metal Plus. Thus, I can do fairly large builds. I'm going to take a stab at designing new gauntlets and printing them out.

If there is a good resource for 3D print files, please let me know. I'm already on Thingiverse.com and all of those sites but I'm not finding what I need.

IMG_7186.JPGIMG_7187.JPGIMG_7188.JPGIMG_7189.JPGIMG_7190.JPGIMG_7191.JPGIMG_7192.JPGIMG_7193.JPG

And why the hell are all my pics rotated sideways? ;)

Mark

You know, at a local university there are some students involved with 3D printing Boba Fett stuff already. I can't tell you how closely they've replicated parts, but the items I saw were pretty well made. I'll get with a friend of mine who has their contact info and will pass it along to you if you'd like.

I'm quite jealous with your 10x10x10. I got within a hairs breadth of buying a simple 3D kit myself. The kind that you can print bigger parts and make your 3D printing capability even bigger and better. Still kicking myself for not getting it when the money was available to buy it.

Hello all,

New to the site!

Yesterday, I pulled my almost 20 year old Boba Fett costume out of a box. I purchased most of the pieces from Mark Bradley's "Build Your Own Boba Fett" site. I was doing mornings at a Radio station at the time and built this for our listener Halloween party. Yes, I know this is not up to the standards of any club. It was more of a hobby project for me but I think I have a good base to rebuild from.

I need to start rebuilding this so I'll probably be hanging out a lot here. I'm a full blown 3D printer enthusiast and have two printers: a 6x6x6 inch bed Printrbot Simple Metal and a 10x10x10 inch bed Printrbot Metal Plus. Thus, I can do fairly large builds. I'm going to take a stab at designing new gauntlets and printing them out.

If there is a good resource for 3D print files, please let me know. I'm already on Thingiverse.com and all of those sites but I'm not finding what I need.

View attachment 90917View attachment 90918View attachment 90919View attachment 90920View attachment 90921View attachment 90922View attachment 90923View attachment 90924

And why the hell are all my pics rotated sideways? ;)

Mark

Just about everything has 3d print files on this site. Examine http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/rafalfetts-boba-fett-3d-projects-50447/

You know, at a local university there are some students involved with 3D printing Boba Fett stuff already. I can't tell you how closely they've replicated parts, but the items I saw were pretty well made. I'll get with a friend of mine who has their contact info and will pass it along to you if you'd like.

I'm quite jealous with your 10x10x10. I got within a hairs breadth of buying a simple 3D kit myself. The kind that you can print bigger parts and make your 3D printing capability even bigger and better. Still kicking myself for not getting it when the money was available to buy it.

Prices are definitely going down. My Metal Plus was the cheapest pre-assembled 10x10x10 printer I could find. (I wanted to do helmets.) Unfortunately, it's not stable enough to do really large prints like helmets. They always fail. But, it's nice to have the extra couple of inches for guns and larger props.

Mark

Can someone point me in the right direction of attachments? I used cloissonne pins (sp?) to attach the armor pieces to the flak vest but that didn't work at all. How is everyone doing this today?

mark

Can someone point me in the right direction of attachments? I used cloissonne pins (sp?) to attach the armor pieces to the flak vest but that didn't work at all. How is everyone doing this today?

mark

There are several ways of attaching the armor to the vest, but it basically boils down to three methods.

1) (Screen accurate method) The screw method (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/attaching-armour-tutorial-20322/?highlight=bolt+attachment)

2) Magnets - (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/chest-armor-utilizing-magnet-attachment-method-48099/)

3) Velcro

I personally use the magnet approach but the best, most long lasting approach is method 1.

It's so crazy that someone can 3D print this stuff out! The future is now, man.

I'm not sure if your Fett is ROTJ or a type of Special Edition, but I think your shoulders may be flipped? I'm an ESB Fett, so I'm not sure if I'm wrong here...

Actually, no clue. I build this from Mark Bradley's specs and this is the orientation for the shoulder pads.

I suggest you look through the gallery section of this site. No version of Boba Fett I have seen has the shoulders arranged as you do, they are on opposite sides from how your outfit shows them.

For example here is a screenshot of Boba vs Han at the Sarlac Pit in Return of the Jedi.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-091.png

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back