Din Djarin Chapter 1 Armor Color

sprinsd

New Hunter
Is there a standard paint brand/color most people use for their Chapter 1 armor? It’s sort of a reddish/brown. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Someone had posted that Montana brand paints were possibly used. Look up Panda Props on Youtube and he has an excellent review. I didn't have that info at the time I started my costume so I custom mixed craft store acrylics.
IMG_1050.jpg

Terry Chui and I made the color chart referenced above. I tested many colors in the Montana Gold range, and took the photos.

It is not confirmed that Legacy used Montana Gold paint, and most likely did not. They were used for Rogue One though and are a great series of paint for artists.

As with any paint, there are many routes to get to the right look. The Mandlorian V1 armor will require lots of variation in color through a combination of techniques, including topical damage and washes.

Terry Chui and I made the color chart referenced above. I tested many colors in the Montana Gold range, and took the photos.

It is not confirmed that Legacy used Montana Gold paint, and most likely did not. They were used for Rogue One though and are a great series of paint for artists.

As with any paint, there are many routes to get to the right look. The Mandlorian V1 armor will require lots of variation in color through a combination of techniques, including topical damage and washes.
Very interesting. As with some of my other projects and their respective clubs (R2 club for example) it is good to have a reference point to start from and go from there.

Montana brand paints seem to be hard to find in my area so I may have ended up just doing my own thing anyways but the color chart answered my original question and the title of my build thread as well as this thread

Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back