Decent gauntlet dart placeholder..

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
Hey guys so when I disassembled a A/C refrigerant can today for a Ion Blaster build, I pulled the nozzle off and this is the lower portion of it:
678b6c14d9975d576fad1437a94d9f9a.jpg

2db2622725f65ac5d06a6879efaa1eac.jpg

It looks to be almost the right size but doesn't have the lip at the front of the dart. Could be a good placeholder for scratchbuilders. Will be using a few of these for mine until I can buy some good ones.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

I use 1/4 inch instrument cable jacks. If you cut them at the base, then crack the insulating ring, you can slide the sleeve part down and get something nearly identical to the originals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A

They're a little big, but it's the right shape. I really gotta upgrade the gauntlets though. Bought these tops in '11 from a b-grade lot.

Not as big looking as I imagined, but a clever place holder. Thanks. I made mine from plastic rivet shafts shaped in a drill chuck with a file. No interest in buying machined ones. Too expensive. I have resisted buying the proper switches too fro the same reason.

RGauntlet.JPG

Yeah, those look good too. I know I won't ever get Fett to 501st standards, but I like working on him. It feels good knowing I built most of it myself, unlike my 501st costume which I simply bought and added straps to.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back