Darth Revan: Cardboard to Sith Lord

xeco

Hunter
Well... I saw this fantastic Revan costume in one of the 501st group photos from this past ComiCon. She looked so fantastic, I had to make one as well.

Here's how it looked a couple weeks back and now it's got a visor and the greeblies at the bottom of the face "tusks". I'm about ready to cast it in silicon and produce a nice resin version and likely cold-cast one in aluminum. I started the whole thing from scratch with a cardboard frame, coating it with bondo, sanding and shaping. After some polish and paint.. it's the most inexpensive blank I've ever put together. It's strange how much it looks like a Mando face design, but I drew directly from screencaptures and took a lot of tips from the woman who's work so inspired me.

I'll post the finished item when it's all done.

-Xeco

xeco

Hunter
I looked at your buildup slideshow. AWESOME!

(y)

Aww thanks. I'd have smoe more finished photos but.. I took it to show some people and while I wasn't looking, somebody unkindly dropped it and cause a big fat crack and a dent in the back edge. Whoever it was did'nt even bother letting me know so I did'nt know who to Force Choke... I had to fix it and as we speak the paint is still 'curing'.

-Xeco

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Hey there!! Great job on the mask. I myself tried to make it, but found it was impossible because the game had 3 different masks that were used, haha.. Also the texture on the 3D masks didn't line up, and the way it was built couldn't physically work in reality.

You did a good job on the mask!! It's one of the more accurate Revan masks I've ever seen. The visor area does appear to be a little too thick, and I like the way you curved up the brow.

Would you be intereseted in selling me a copy of the mask? I sure would love to become SL-1287. I all ready mapped out the other parts that are ready to be laser cut and put together, but the mask is a part that I am missing!!

Great job once again!

Andy

xeco

Hunter
It's one of the more accurate Revan masks I've ever seen. The visor area does appear to be a little too thick, and I like the way you curved up the brow

Ahh you mean the eye-slot is larger than the screen-cap? Yes well, I prefer to be able to see my surroundings a bit more than I would normally. It also has great left and right vision.

For better hallway vision!!

-Xeco

xeco

Hunter
Well, right, just click the image of the mask, the mask/helmet sub-folder. the link takes you to the full costume section and I haven't posted those photos yet. The above link is to my photo album.

Last edited by a moderator:

xeco

Hunter
This thread is UNDEAD....

okay, so the reason for bringing this up is that I recently had a hard-drive die (recent for me means last fall) and I lost a lot of photos. One of those photo collections is the progress of my Revan costume.

I think I could get some basic images but I'd have to get in touch with Thomas Spanos. I believe he would have images somewhere. All i have currently are tiny sized images I found of mine on the web.

Also if anyone saved them, that would be great.

Seems like the photo site I used to house the progress went under.

UnFathomable

New Hunter
Ahh you mean the eye-slot is larger than the screen-cap? Yes well, I prefer to be able to see my surroundings a bit more than I would normally. It also has great left and right vision.

For better hallway vision!!

-Xeco

Haha breakfast club reference! And i tried to open the link to the pictures but it wouldnt load. really want to see this build!