General ConvergenceProps - ESB Build thread - Found Part heavy

I actually do have a 4th vintage AM plug in my parts stash, lol! If I remember right the 4th plug is present in the Cloud City hallway promo shots as well as the Executor bridge scene ........

AM plug.png

Heres it is again showing in the Torture room hallway
DA49D3BE-B66A-4D77-B209-241745F33C02.jpeg
And later seemingly missing in the Carbonite Chamber scene. I think this may be the only scene where it is missing however
401C8DCC-34BC-41AF-A429-0BC4C9A70A95.jpeg

That plug rubs up against the ab plate a lot when Jerremy is cradling the blaster, as evidenced by all the black paint marks on the right of the ab plate rubbing off, and is also likely the reason for it eventually falling off where the glue used has trouble sticking to the metal. At least thats my thinking

Can I ask where did you get the 3d printed scope mount assembly from really would like to get hold of a set for my real parts build?

Decided to tackle the Flash Tube weathering this past weekend. This was actually a much bigger pain in the butt than I originally thought it'd be. I ended up doing it over at least a half a dozen times before I was happy with it, and probably another half dozen minor touch-ups after that LOL.
Tools used were my airbrush, Model Master: Aircraft Interior Black, medium and light grade Scotch-Brite (red & white), and a nice hand sewing leather needle for fine detail work.

The amount of weathering on the tube seems to change drastically over the course of filming, progressively rubbing off to the point where it looks like very little remains by the end of filming, but I decided to go with the early weathering since I think it looks the most natural on the blaster

48428367_10210651159834146_2505627080889204736_o.jpg48365513_10210651160154154_8966317604239048704_o.jpg
48393910_10210651160394160_2921293320011382784_o.jpg48359103_10210651160714168_7058825840997433344_o.jpg48385871_10210651161034176_4690143779456286720_n.jpg

The key here was to keep in mind that all the reference photos are taken at a distance, and to be careful while you're up close painting not to add too much paint weathering so that when you stand a few feet back it just all looks like a big black blob mess. Just a very very light dustings of paint will do. That was then followed with the red and white scotch-brite pads respectively to get the core roughed up look, and that was then followed with the leather needle to add any fine nicks and scratches

10.jpg 1.jpg
Also added the 4th vintage AM plug I had since Andy insisted so much ;)
Replaced all the photos in Post 1 with current photos of the build too

Last edited:
Had a few people asking about these so I took the opportunity to do some minor design corrections I wasn't 100% happy with the first time around (because boba's never finished only abandoned). They're at the printers now and I'll post the links for them one I know they're good to go.

Front Mount
Front Mount Final.png

Rear Mount
Rear Mount Final.png

Top Mount Bracket
Top Mount Front.png
Top Mount Back.png

What is the inner diameter of the top mount bracket, and it's width. I've a clip which I'd hope would fit in one of these.

The hole in the bracket is sized for use with a 10x32 socket cap screw and has a 5mm through hole with a 9mm wide counterbore (I did this to sorta copy whats seen on the ROTJ Hero since we’ve no good photos of this area on the ESB Hero). The bracket itself is 17mm wide. And I sized the mating inside holes on the clips to fit a 5/16th x 1/2” long threaded aluminum spacer (these are readily available at any local ACE hardware store)
All the other holes are sized for a M6 cut tap so set-screws can be added :)

Last edited:
This thread keeps giving me more motivation to get a real webley...dang it.
Its probably actually a good thing to note that these were designed to fit my real webley and so I cant really guarantee a perfect fit on resin copies where theres likley a bit of shrinkage in the resin. One might need to add some thin plastic shim stock or something to the inside of the rear mount to get it to sit in the right place on the barrel

The hole in the bracket is sized for use with a 10x32 socket cap screw and has a 5mm through hole with a 9mm wide counterbore (I did this to sorta copy whats seen on the ROTJ Hero since we’ve no good photos of this area on the ESB Hero). The bracket itself is 17mm wide. And I sized the mating inside holes on the clips to fit a 5/16th x 1/2” long threaded aluminum spacer (these are readily available at any local ACE hardware store)
All the other holes are sized for a M5 cut tap so set-screws can be added :)
Sorry perhaps my question wasn't so clear I meant with regards to the bit that clips over the barrel. And the width of the mount .

Got the new scope mount prints in! Very happy with how they came out. Got them in primer now and gonna order up some Archive-X Weathered Black to hit them with!
Oh and for those of you asking for a set of these, here's the links for them
Mount Bracket--> Boba Fett ESB Blaster Scope Mount Bracket by Convergence_Props on Shapeways
Front Clip --> Boba Fett ESB Blaster Front Barrel Mount clip by Convergence_Props on Shapeways
Rear Clip --> Boba Fett ESB Blaster Rear Barrel Mount clip by Convergence_Props on Shapeways

IMG_E1602.JPG
IMG_E1608.JPG
IMG_E1609.JPG
IMG_E1613.JPG

Last edited:
Alrighty, just about finished up with this puppy. Might tweak the weathering a just little more but im pretty happy with her rn.
This is now the second vintage Pulce 40 Ive owned and the one Ive decided to stick with for my personal build
Paints used
Floquil- Zinc Chromate Primer
Floquil- Old Silver
HUGE Thank you to Markus for helping me find this one, and to Keegan for his excellent consulting on the paint job
A7EC52EE-D059-4812-A9C0-5687AE193B3A.jpeg
F6018BB3-6255-4848-9FF5-30BFB40089EC.jpeg

Also decided to just swap this thread over to a general ESB build thread since Im starting to get enough parts together to justify one

Edit: Did a build writup for this one that can be found on post #42

Last edited:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back