Connecting Cod and kidney plate

My kidney and cod attach on the sides with bolts and metal studs then have industrial Velcro on the armor and flight suit to keep it in place

Mine connect together on the sides with industrial sticky back velcro. I never put the "collar studs" on the sides of my codpiece, because that entire area is covered up by the horse girth belt anyway, and nobody ever sees it.

I've attached web strapping and clips on the cod and butt and just clip in place.....its a great and secure way, but it's not as easily adjustable as it could be so with my fluctuating size I'm thinking of changing to industrial strength velcro.

Don't quite understand your picture, but you are using duct tape to keep the Velcro pieces onto the plastic? So they can come apart I'm guessing? No connection to the flight suit other than friction?

He has elastic....the cod and kidney are held in place by the girth belt...You really dont need anything as crazy as a belt. Goto walmart or the like buy some industrial strength sticky velcro like this Amazon.com : Velcro Products - Velcro - Industrial Strength Sticky-Back Hook & Loop Fasteners, 2" x 15 ft Roll, White - Sold As 1 Roll - 50% stronger than standard hook and loop fasteners. - 2" width for firmer positioning. - Waterproof adhesion, eve

Don't quite understand your picture, but you are using duct tape to keep the Velcro pieces onto the plastic? So they can come apart I'm guessing? No connection to the flight suit other than friction?

In post number 219 I show, how and where I put industrial velcro later to keep it from slipping down. Your question was "How to connect cod and kidney?" Therefore I used elasctic, like Fett 4 Real said.

I use a piece of velcro on the front of the flight suit pants to keep it up around the waist and use the screw and nut (imbedded in a keyboard key) to attach the cod to the kidney plate on the sides (like connecting the collar plate to the back plate.)

I drilled a couple holes through the cod piece on either side to fit little screws through that I use those acorn nuts on. Hot glued the screws onto the kidney piece. Easy to attach, too small to notice, and very solid.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back